Health Fair sponsored by Professional Program in Nursing March 6th
Registered Nurses from the Professional Program in Nursing and Community Health Nursing Theory students will be conducting a Health Fair on March 6, 2012 from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. in the Kress Events Center on the UW-Green Bay campus. Topics to be covered by UW-Green Bay Community Health Nursing students include:
- Skin Cancer Prevention – Staying Safe in the Sun
- … 54218: Brown County’s Innovative Approach to increase the Health of its Youth (5 fruits & Veggies, 4 bottles of water, 2 hours of exercise, 1 hour of screen time per night, and 8 hours of sleep/day).
- The Dangers of Binge Drinking
- The Ugly Effects of Tobacco Use
- Triglycerides and your Health
- Danger: High voltage Energy Drinks may be hazardous to your health!
- Headaches vs. Migraines: What is the difference and how to make best use of over the counter (OTC) pain medications.
- Health effects of Marijuana use
The fair is open to the public and is especially timely as students are preparing for Spring Break travel. Contact the Professional Program in Nursing at 465-2826 for more information.