Even if it was -5 degrees last week and Jimmy the Groundhog predicted another six weeks of winter, we want you to know that spring is indeed on its way. Thus, here are the top ten reasons we know spring is coming.
10. History is the best predictor of the future and, as far as we can remember, there was a spring last year.
9. The temperature has gone up about 35 degrees since last week alone. At that rate, it will be about 240 degrees outside by mid-March.
8. New cases of the flu on campus are down, but new cases of senioritis among the May graduates are up, a sure sign of spring.
7. There’s so much dirt on the snow banks at this point that even though you haven’t seen it in months, you can almost remember what the ground looks like.
6. Your lame newsletter editors have created another Top 10 list about the weather, and that only happens every spring and fall – not in the winter!
5. Dr. Martin only slipped on the ice three times on his walk in from the parking lot this morning. That is well below his winter average of six times per walk.
4. Brett Favre is planning on making his annual decision about retirement in the next couple of weeks. That only happens in the spring…or summer…or sometimes in the fall…but never in the middle of winter.
3. The crews are hard at work on Highway 172, and you know what they say – there are only two seasons in Wisconsin: winter and road construction. If it’s road construction, then it can’t be winter, right?
2. It feels like the air conditioning has been turned on in the MAC Hall classrooms, so maybe it’s not almost spring…maybe we’re already heading to summer.
And, the #1 reason we know spring is coming…
1. Spring break is only 768 hours away (not that we’re counting).