If you remember our last issue, you know that one of our New Year’s resolutions was to include more student news in the PF. Well, it’s April, and we’re still at it! Of course, this is an easy resolution to keep (who needs exercise and healthy eating, anyway?) with all the wonderful things our students are doing! Kudos to everyone listed below. Please use the electronic suggestion box to submit your own great news.
· Mike Schachtner became UW-Green Bay’s first three-time Academic All-American this year. He was recently named to ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA’s second team. Congratulations, Mike, on an amazing and record-breaking academic achievement!
· Our chapter of Psi Chi has had a great and active year. They just celebrated a large group of new initiates, as well as the installation of new officers. Much of that success is due to the hard work of the outgoing officers. The PF sends a big “thank you!” and “job well done!” to: Brian Bar (President), Katie Bruni (Vice-President), Becky Miller (Treasurer), and Katie VonHolzen (Secretary – past and future!).
· Stephanie Busch and Andrea Kaczmarek have each had presentations accepted to the prestigious 23rd National Conference on Undergraduate Research, which will be held this month at UW-LaCrosse. Excellent work!
· The following students will be presenting their work at UW-Green Bay’s Academic Excellence Symposium this month: Tracy Beyer, Katie Bruni, Stephanie Busch, Jaimie Henschel, Jessica Hopp, Andrew Johnson, Andrea Kaczmarek, Samuel Seefeld, Kirstin Thompson, Katie VonHolzen, Steven Wicks, and Caitlin Zozakiewicz. Kudos!!
· Congratulations to all students who have recently accepted jobs or been accepted to graduate school! We hesitated about including specific names because we knew we would end up missing someone, but here’s a sampling of some of the programs that made admission offers to our fabulous students. Human Development and/or Psychology students were offered admission into doctoral programs at Oregon State and the University of Iowa. They also heard great news from many master’s programs. A sampling of those includes: UW-Madison, University of Minnesota, Columbia University, Marquette University, University of Tennessee, Western Michigan University, UW-LaCrosse, UW-Milwaukee, Texas Tech University, College of St. Catherine, and Winona State University. Great work, everyone!!!