We wish we could highlight every accomplishment of our talented and dedicated students, but we simply don’t have that much server space for the blog! As we near the end of another academic year, however, we would like to highlight just a few of the amazing things achieved by you and your classmates recently.
- A number of our students presented their work at the annual UW-Green Bay Academic Excellence Symposium. Congratulations go out to: Nicole Phillips, Bradley Klinger, Erin Ehlers, Matthew Machnik, Brittaney Molina, Kaitlin Brown, Stephanie Freis, Kathryn Doll, Kaitlyn Florer, Craig VanPay, Areanna Lakowske, Rebecca Arrowood, Stephanie Lynch, and Rachel Prokop. Those final two students also presented their work at the UW System undergraduate research conference as representatives of our campus. We are so proud of all that each one of you did in developing and executing these wonderful projects.
- Three of our students have been awarded departmental scholarships for next year. First, we share a sincere thank you to all who applied – you do not know how difficult these decisions are for us to make. Second, we are thrilled for the following students whose talent and hard work earned them these scholarships. Kaitlyn Multhauf was awarded The Fergus and Bonnie Hughes Scholarship; Kristie Walker received The Matter Memorial Scholarship Recognizing Promise in Psychological Science; and Kate Darnell was recognized with the Casie Rindfleisch-Schulz Scholarship in Psychology and Human Development. Allow us to also thank the generous donors who provided these wonderful scholarships to recognize outstanding students in Human Development and Psychology.
- An enthusiastic “well done!” is also due to the 42 students who were recently inducted into the UW-Green Bay chapter of Psi Chi, the international honor society for psychology, which also recognizes our outstanding students in human development. We would also like to recognize the new officers who were installed at that ceremony. They include Molly Swenty (President), Cynthia Sanchez (Vice President), Emily Vogels (Treasurer), Areanna Lakowske (Secretary), and Rebecca Senn (Public Relations).
- Many of our wonderful majors and minors will receive honors at the University’s year-end awards ceremony on May 11. They include graduating seniors and prestigious Chancellor’s Medallion recipients: Casey Calhoun, Mary DeLong, Kalli Donaldson, Erin Ehlers, Kaitlyn Florer, Stephanie Freis, Hannah Quilling, Stacy Te Stroote, Stacy Van Eperen, and Craig Van Pay. Earning coveted University Leadership Awards are: Christina Allan, Corey Arno, Emma Bretl, Kaitlin Brown, Angela Bub, Madeleine Drusch, Danielle Furton, Rachael Gardner, Ariel Hull, Tiffany Klegin, Areanna Lakowske, Lea Meulemans, Lisa Neuman, Stephanie Sielaff, and Kristie Walker
- We also want to highlight the amazing accomplishment of Stephanie Freis, who was selected to represent the senior class as the student commencement speaker at the May 2012 graduation ceremonies. Congratulations, Stephanie – we are so looking forward to hearing your remarks!
- Last, but most certainly not least, congratulations to all of our graduating seniors. Know that we are proud of you, that we will miss you, and that our very best wishes go with you.