There’s no getting around it, these were some tough questions. Our end of the year exam had an average score of 15% and our big winner, Melissa Sheldon, won with 23%. Actually, Melissa tied two others with 3 out of 13 but also correctly guessed the two Pink Flamingo editors (drum roll please)…Drs. Kris Vespia and Ryan Martin. Nice job Melissa and thanks to everyone who played. We hope your real finals are easier than this one and that you all have a great summer.
For those of you wondering what the correct answers were, take a look below. The question is followed by the correct answer and the percentage of correct answers. For those of you wanting to know more about why some of these things happened, we have been sworn to secrecy, so you better go directly to the source.
1. Was on the college fencing team (Illene Noppe, 0%)
2. Played the part of Lucy in a 6th grade production of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” (Georjeanna Wilson-Doenges, 25%)
3. At age 16, fell and got tied up in the rope tow of a bunny hill while skiing in front of friends (Jennifer Zapf, 10%)
4. Took a group of 12-year-old campers to the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival (Lloyd Noppe, 25%)
5. Was Cattle Grand Champion Showman at a County Fair (Twila Marquardt, 10%)
6. Was late renewing a driver’s license, so was forced to re-take the written test and failed it (but then drove home anyway…to study; Kate Burns, 0%)
7. Did Barrel Racing in rodeos from ages 10-13 (Jill White, 0%)
8. Was part of a sprint-medley relay team that holds a junior high school record that will never be broken – he/she then went on to become co-captain of the 9th grade track team (Dean Von Dras, 16%)
9. Attended a Boys State Camp where he encountered then college student and later famed NBA coach Phil Jackson (Dennis Lorenz, 5%)
10. Earned a prize for best cake in an eighth grade cooking class (Regan Gurung, 5%)
11. Traveled to Russia as a high school freshman and was serenaded by a teenage accordion player at a youth camp concert (Kris Vespia, 5%)
12. Once consumed three “Tremendous Twelves” at Perkins in one ten-hour period (Ryan Martin, 60%)
13. Was almost arrested for “traying” down a hill (Libe Slope) on his/her college campus (Denise Bartell, 10%)