Here is the April 2014 edition of the human development and psychology online newsletter. We know you never miss an issue. This month you will find helpful information about registering for classes, a new faculty member in Human Development, career options, available scholarships, upcoming events, and more. Check out the headlines below:
- Psi Chi: A Message from the President, Becky Senn
- Psychology and Human Development (P/HD) Club: A Message from the President, Taylor Saari
- Meet Our Newest Faculty Member: Joel Muraco
- Recycling Registration Resources
- Sociology/Anthropology Options for Human Development Majors
- Considering a Research Assistantship, Teaching Assistantship, or Internship? Check Out the Department Want Ads
- Did you know…to take Methods right after Stats?
- Career/Graduate School Tip of the Month: Increase Your Marketable Skills with Wise Course Selection
- Career Profile of the Month: April 2014 Edition
- Scholarship Opportunities for Human Development and Psychology Majors
- UW-Green Bay Psychology T-Shirts on Sale
P/HD Club is looking for passionate and committed students who would like to apply to be officers next academic year 2014-2015!! All positions are open, and we will be voting at our next meeting, April 7th at 4pm.
Also, if you are still interested in joining the club research team, please contact Katy Doll at email@example.com. The team meets every other Wednesday in MAC 301 (Vista Room) from 11-12. Topic of interest is connection and engagement within the Psychology Department and the student population.
- Next meeting is MONDAY, APRIL 7 at 4pm in the Gathering Room (MAC 201). We will be having elections for next year’s officers. Send a description about yourself to Taylor Saari (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested in running.
- Collaborating with NAMI to have a movie presentation THURSDAY APRIL 17th at 6pm in MAC 204. Movie is Call Me Crazy and is a Lifetime Movie about living with mental illnesses in a modern society.
- Relay for Life is APRIL 25 starting at 6pm. Only $10 to register! Copy and paste this link to join our team: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?team_id=1617134&pg=team&fr_id=58712&fl=en_US&et=taxO5OMsuHSPGn4JXGPeAA
You may have noticed a new name on the Fall 2014 Schedule of Classes. Teaching Middle Childhood and Adolescence and Family Development is our newest faculty member, Joel Muraco (pictured below). Human Development is thrilled to announce we will be welcoming him in August. He is currently completing his Ph.D. in Family Studies and Human Development at the University of Arizona, and he will bring with him great teaching, research, and community outreach/service experience – and with any luck even some warmer temperatures! We’ll have a formal introduction with many more details in the fall, but for now, thank you to all of the students who were involved in the interview process, and know you will have another great resource in Professor Muraco in a few short months. You can learn more about him now by linking to his current profile at the University of Arizona: http://cals.arizona.edu/fcs/grad/joel_muraco