News and Events from Psi Chi/PHD Club presidents Becky Senn and Taylor Saari

Upcoming Events!

Friday, November 1st Grad School Support Group Meeting 12:30-3:30 in Mac 301 (Vista Room). Need a time and place to work on graduate applications and/or ask questions about the process, come stop by and join! The following dates and times for upcoming meetings:

November 8th 12:30-2:00pm Mac 301

November 22nd 12:30-2:00pm Mac 301

Monday, November 4th Psi Chi/PHD Club Meeting: 4pm in Mac 201 (The Gathering Room). We will be hosting November’s Professor of the month!

Wednesday, November 6th Meet the Professor Night at Willow Creek Bowling Alley from 5pm-7pm. Bowling and Food will be provided J The address is: 2020 Verlin Road Bellevue, WI 54311

http://www.willowcreeklanes.com/

Friday, November 22nd Anti-Bullying Program is looking for volunteers to help put on a skit and run activities with 3rd-5th graders from a local elementary school. She is in need of 25-30 volunteers. It will be located here at the Mauthe Center on campus. The time frame will be decided soon, but if you are interested please contact Stephanie Nemec at snemec@mcenter.org or nemesn02@uwgb.edu.

Reminders:
MPA Submissions are due November 12th   If you have any questions about MPA, look for our Q&A video that will be posted on the Psi Chi website

Sign up for the Jingle Bell Walk/Run in support of Alzheimer’s! The walk is located here on campus, at the Kress Center! December 7th at 8am. If you have any questions you can contact Becky Senn at sennrr05@uwgb.edu You can follow this link to join our team:  https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1070717&lis=0&kntae1070717=77C8230EC1CF42A29C69FDC763A4D7DD&supId=371816311&team=5680495

Don’t forget to vote for December/January’s professor of the month! The survey will be sent out at the end of November.

Get to know your Psi Chi officers!
Secretary: Timothy Zietz

Year: Junior

Majoring in Psychology and Human Biology with a Health Science Emphasis and a Chemistry Minor

My future career goals are to eventually attend medical school to earn my MD and possibly my PhD and to earn my license to practice neurosurgery.

I love to lift weights and I am currently training in Brazilian jujitsu, judo, and kickboxing.

Public Relations: Amarra Bricco

Year: Senior

Psychology Major, Human Development and Spanish Minor

I would like to get my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology

I am a movie fanatic and like to draw and paint in my spare time

Treasurer: Kayla Klemm

Year: Senior (graduating in December)

Major: Psychology and Minor: Human Development.

Someday I hope to become a counselor for adolescents. :)

Vice-President: Sam Zweerink

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology and Human Development

Career Goals: I want to attend graduate school after UWGB and hopefully become a school psychologist.

Fishing is my favorite hobby and my favorite place to be is Miller Park watching the Brewers!

President: Becky Senn

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology and Minor: Human Development

I would like to earn my Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy with a specialization in human sexuality. My career goals are to start my own practice, conduct research in Europe, and create free classes for individuals on sex education.

I am an avid baker and chef. I would love to go to culinary school for fun, and hopefully someday I will be able to.