First, welcome to a new semester!! We hope you have had a nice summer and are relaxed and ready to kick off another year. Second, we are excited to announce that The Pink Flamingo has an all-new look. That’s right, with the help of our crack-team of engineers, physicists, legal consultants, graphic artists, and animal trainers, The Pink Flamingo has gotten itself on-line and moved into the 21st century. OK, seriously, special thanks to Paula Ganyard and the rest of CIT for helping us put this together. Without them, we would be carving this thing on stone tablets.
For those of you who are unsure of what The Pink Flamingo is, it’s a blog/newsletter sponsored by the Human Development and Psychology Departments. Here you will find important information about careers, graduate school, classes, and advising, along with a trivia contest (with prizes!) and a healthy dose of our own special brand of humor. It won’t usually be this long, but we’ve been saving this stuff up all summer! Read on because this issue includes:
- PHD Club: Visit OrgSmorg on Sept. 19th!
- Psi Chi News: Also OrgSmorg-ing on the 19th!
- Breaking News: Gurung and Hughes Honored
- This Just In…Musical Chairs in Human Development & Psychology
- Welcome Dr. Zapf!
- Extra Extra…Read all about it…Flamingo caught in airport turnstile???
- It’s Name is ERLP
- Curious about Faculty Research? Attend a Faculty Research Presentation
- Helped Wanted: Research Assistants Please Apply!
- September Trivia Contest: Introducing On-Line Submissions
- Careers of the Month: September 2007 Edition
- Career/Grad School Tip of the Month
- Applying to Graduate School this Year? Start Now!!!
- The Top Twelve List
- Comments/Questions/Suggestions for the PF: Submit those on-line, too