Dr. Jennifer Lanter is new CATL Director

Greetings, Students!

I am not teaching as much as I used to these days, but there is a very good reason for this.  This past summer I was appointed as the Director of UWGB’s Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL).  The goal of this Center is to provide opportunities, resources and supportive communities to faculty and instructional staff that foster the awesome teaching that is going on in (and out of) the classroom here at UWGB!  The Center offers support to faculty and instructional staff who would like to enhance their teaching and student learning through research of classroom activities and instructional techniques.  I also work on organizing a Faculty Development Conference in January where we focus on pressing teaching and learning issues and I organize book groups and workshops throughout the academic year that foster collaborations among faculty and staff from numerous departments on campus, all working together to discuss and reflect on a variety of learning, teaching, and educational issues.  The Center offers numerous grants and awards throughout the academic year, most often known by students is the Student Nominated Teaching Award (SNTA) that is awarded each Spring to a well-deserved early career instructor and an experienced instructor.  The Center also provides training for instructors who teach online, giving them an opportunity to experience online learning from a student’s perspective and to collaborate with colleagues to improve online teaching techniques. In all, although I am not teaching as much as I used to, I am still very much involved in instruction that is taking place on campus!  Don’t hesitate to visit me in my CATL office, IS 1144 (right next to the GAC Lab)!