Breaking News: Human Development and Psychology Hire New Professor!

The PF is happy to be the first media outlet to bring you this important breaking news story. Dr. Chris Smith will be the newest faculty member in the HUD & PSYCH departments this Fall. She is a fantastic teacher and a highly accomplished scholar, and we are simply thrilled that she will be joining us! In our exclusive interview with Dr. Smith, she shared the following message for students:

“I’m very excited to be joining the faculty of UWGB.  I am a Social Psychologist with a strong background and interest in Statistics and Research Methods. I also have a Doctoral Certificate in Women’s Studies.  I will be teaching a number of courses including Introduction to Psychology, Experimental Psychology, and Psychology of Women.  I also have a number of research interests and active research projects.  For several years I have been using personal ads to examine partner preferences.  I am also interested in the stigma associated with being fat, and I currently have a research project examining the relationship between empathy and self-esteem.  All my research includes students as active members of the research team, so I’m looking forward to new students and new research ideas.”