No April foolin’ here – just your extra special Registration issue of The Pink Flamingo, filled with news, fun, and well, maybe an April Fools’ joke or two. As usual, though, the real and fake news are kind of hard to tell apart in our fine publication. Enjoy!
- Breaking News: Scholarship Available!
- Course Substitution for Human Development Majors
- Recycling Registration Resources
- Registration Reminders
- Don’t Forget…the Departmental Want Ads are Live
- Summer Classes Are Here!!!
- South Africa Travel Course Scheduled (Again – Really!)
- P/HD Club News: A Message from the President, Tiffany Wilhelm
- Psi Chi News: A Message from the President, Amanda Degeneffe
- Save the Date: Free Food on May 7th!!!
- Careers of the Month: April 2010 Edition
- Career Tip of the Month: Earning a Great Reference
- Graduate School Tip of the Month: Attend One of Our GRE Information Sessions
- 2010 NAMI Wisconsin Convention in Green Bay
- Your 4th Hint: New Pink Flamingo Editor
- Student News to Celebrate
- Top Ten Signs You’re Not Getting Enough Sleep
Human Development and Psychology students are invited to apply for the Fergus and Bonnie Hughes Scholarship. A scholarship of $1000.00 for the 2010-11 academic year will be awarded to a HUM DEV or PSYCH major who best exemplifies interdisciplinary academic achievement both in and out of the classroom. Applications should describe: 1) GPA [overall and in the major(s)], 2) Interdisciplinary focus of the student’s work in and outside of class, 3) Future plans, 4) Service, volunteering, and extra-curricular achievements, and 5) Your eligibility (i.e., Why do you think you are deserving of this scholarship?). Submit your application electronically to Dr. Gurung by April 30, 2010 at: email@example.com.
Attention Human Development Majors! Many of you are completing your majors using a catalog which requires that you take COMM SCI 301: Foundations of Social Research. Please note that HUM DEV 302: Developmental Research Methods is an acceptable substitute for COMM SCI 301. HUM DEV 302 is the research requirement for Human Development majors declared under catalog years 2009 onwards, but, again, this class can also be used for students whose catalogs require COMM SCI 301. Note that a course substitution waiver will have to be signed in the Fall before SIS recognizes the course as meeting your requirement, so don’t panic if it doesn’t immediately “slot in” to your major requirements when you register for classes. See your advisor if you have any questions.