The UW-Green Bay National Students of AMF Support Network, a support and service organization for students who have loved ones who are suffering from life threatening illnesses or who have died, is planning a number of activities for the Spring semester, including the formation of a “Relay for Life” team to support the American Cancer Society. That event takes place March 27 2010, and interested students should contact Dr. Illene Noppe. Please stay tuned for more announcements from the co-presidents, Ashley Durand and Nicole Hoagland, both Human Development majors. You can learn more about the organization at the national website: http://www.studentsofamf.com/
Well, the Super Bowl has come and gone (Congratulations, New Orleans!), but you probably noticed there wasn’t any NFC North representation in the big game. Drs. Martin and Vespia had a friendly argument about whether the Top 10 list this month should make fun of the Packers or the Vikings. The compromise? Dr. Vespia would get 5 chances to mock the Vikings, and Dr. Martin would have his 5 opportunities to pick on the Packers. Who won? You decide.
The Top 5 Reasons the Vikings Didn’t Make it to the Super Bowl
5. As psychologists, we all know that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, and well, if you’ve never won a Super Bowl in the past, chances are…
4. Coaches and players watched hours of film of the Saints in preparation for the game but forgot to review the most critical piece of tape: overtime of the January 2008 Packers-Giants playoff game.
3. Given their fumble record, Viking players have apparently not yet learned that one must actually hold on to the football in order to score points.
2. Unfortunately, playoff games aren’t held in September prior to the Vikings’ traditional late-season choke.
1. Dr. Martin insisted when he moved to Green Bay that our quarterback was aging, over-rated, and prone to throwing interceptions. Perhaps he was right, after all.
The Top 5 Reasons the Packers Didn’t Make it to the Super Bowl
5. Turns out that Favre guy they got rid of was actually pretty decent.
4. Ted Thompson foolishly included language in the offensive linemen’s contracts stipulating that they only need to play full speed on even downs.
3. No one could have anticipated this, but the teams with losing records they beat all season weren’t as good as the teams they would face in the playoffs.
2. NFL rules (along with the United Nations Committee on Biomedical Ethics) dictate that Charles Woodson cannot be cloned.
1. The Packers defense, ranked number 2 in the NLF, played just like that…number 2.