The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Leadership and Management in Health Systems is intended for RNs holding a bachelor’s degree in nursing. This master’s degree provides advanced coursework in leadership and management to improve care at multiple levels across the continuum of healthcare settings. The program will be offered starting with Fall Semester of 2013. The following information provides program highlights and entrance requirements. Continue to check this new blog for more updates or contact us at: email@example.com .
- The program is completely online and allows nurses working and with multiple commitments to complete graduate education. It is accessible to nurses everywhere including in rural and underserved areas.
- The curriculum consists of 12 graduate level courses delivered via a part time model. Students can complete the program in 6 semesters (Fall, Spring & Summer) over two years with two courses offered each semester.
- Degree completion requirements include 34 credits of coursework including 9 credits of practicum (504 hours). Practicum experiences will be arranged with healthcare facilities close to students’ homes or work sites.
- A thesis option is not planned. The final practicum includes a capstone project and will be presented in a format for public dissemination (e.g., manuscript for publication).
- This master’s degree is intended for RNs holding a bachelor’s degree in nursing. Current RN licensure required. GPA of 3.0 (measured on a 4.0 scale) or higher in BSN program.
- Graduate application must be submitted with undergraduate transcripts and evidence of receiving a grade of “C” or better in a college level inferential statistics course within the last five years.
- Entrance exams (e.g., GRE or MAT) are not required.
- A computer with Windows 7 or MAC OSX v10.7 (or higher); current Internet browser, high speed Internet access, audio and video capabilities (headset, microphone, speakers and webcam).
Applications will be available in early 2013. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be notified when you can apply!