How to maintain a Healthy Relationship
How to maintain/keep a relationship (L&L notes – “how to write a good love story”) –
- Maintaining a relationship is like maintaining your body or a car. You need to put in the work/fuel to keep it going.
- Always communicate!
- Don’t change who you are for your partner. You are your own person, and you know what you want and need
- Don’t take everything so seriously.
- It is important to find a partner who has the same common values and interests as you.
- If you’re thinking about a long term relationship, find a partner who you see yourself still having things to talk about with in 30 years
- Always be supportive of your partner.
- Have a “zero tolerance policy” for disrespect – don’t let your partner bring you down, don’t let them make derogatory remarks towards you, don’t put up with their cheating or lying.
- Think of love as what people do more than what they feel
For more tips on how to maintain a healthy relationship go here!