Study Abroad Student Spotlight: Krysta Goes to France
Posted by Jenna Laabs on September 25th, 2013
Yet another one of our study abroad students is keeping a blog of her experiences, this time in Bordeaux, France! She has invited us to share her blog, so we encourage you to check out her stories and photos during her semester abroad – she has done a great job of explaining what school is really like in France, and posted some beautiful pics!
Krysta Goes to France
International Students Selected for Chancellor’s Medallion
Posted by Jenna Laabs on May 1st, 2013
We wish to recognize not one, but TWO of our international students who were selected to receive the Chancellor’s Leadership Medallion based on their outstanding contributions to the community and campus. Congratulations to Jo from Great Britain and Zona from China!! They have enriched our campus in so many ways, and we are very proud of their accomplishments!
Alicante Deadline Extended!
Posted by Jenna Laabs on March 6th, 2013
For those of you kicking yourselves that you missed the application deadline, the study abroad gods are smiling down on you today! The application deadline for our summer travel course to beautiful Alicante, Spain has been extended to NEXT Friday, March 15th!! This 6 credit program is the perfect venue to improve your Spanish language skills while experiencing Spain for 5 weeks!
See the full program brochure here: UWGB in Alicante
Spring Scholarship for Short-Term Study Abroad trips!
Posted by Jenna Laabs on February 21st, 2013
For those students applying for short-term study abroad trips this summer, we encourage you to check out the Global Studies scholarship! This is a great way to fund your study abroad venture!
The recipient shall be chosen by the Global Studies Scholarship Selection Committee using the following selection criteria (based on the time of application):
- Student must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UW-Green Bay;
- Student must be participating in a short-term study abroad trip (2-3 weeks in duration) outside of the United States that is led by a UW-Green Bay faculty member (preference given to those participating in a trip led by a Global Studies faculty member);
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Student must complete a two-page essay detailing financial need, describing the short-term study abroad opportunity, and highlighting the benefits of the proposed trip to the student. A resume (or CV) must also be submitted to the selection committee.
- The scholarship shall be given semi-annually as funding permits, with $300 available during the Winterim and $300 in the Summer session.
Please submit all required materials electronically to Katia Levintova, Global Studies Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application deadline for this scholarship is April 1st, 2013.
Deadline for Travel Course Extended
Posted by Jenna Laabs on January 10th, 2013
Jumpin’ Kangaroos!! The deadline for the Australia Travel Course has been extended to February 1st! Students will have the opportunity to visit ancient cloud forests, vast outback deserts, tropical rainforests, and the Great Barrier Reef on this travel course that focuses on ecology and biodiversity. You can complete your application on our website! UWGB Australia Application
International Education Celebration
Posted by Jenna Laabs on November 8th, 2012
A lot of cool things have been happening around campus as part of our International Celebration, and there are still more events coming up!
- Nov. 8th: “Behind My Veil”, 7pm, Mauthe Center — an event that promotes understanding of Islam
- Nov. 9th: Mosque Open Day, 11am, Islamic Center of Green Bay — an opportunity to understand what actually happens in a Muslim place of worship
- Nov. 13th: International – Dinner for a Cause, 5:30pm, Mauthe Center — a truly (FREE) international dinner; all donations and proceeds go towards building a well in Africa
- Nov. 29th: Muslim Images in the American Media, 7pm, Mauthe Center — a panel discussion about portrayals of Muslims in the media
- Study Abroad First Steps Meetings: Every Tuesday at 2pm and Wednesday at noon, OIE (CL 207) — learn all the basics of study abroad including destinations, financial aid, scholarships and more!
Study Abroad Student Spotlight: Danielle
Posted by Jenna Laabs on October 4th, 2012
One of our study abroad students has been keeping a blog of her unique experiences over the past month in Merida, Mexico. She has invited us to share her blog, and we encourage you to see what it’s really like to study in another country! She has some awesome pictures and stories – so check it out!
Danielle’s Merida Blog
Great Scot(land)! Scottish universities to offer study abroad info Oct. 9th
Posted by Jenna Laabs on October 4th, 2012
UW-Green Bay has partnered with the Universities of Stirling, Aberdeen and Glasgow to provide students with semester-long opportunities to study in Scotland. Representatives from the Scottish universities and the Office of International Education will be stationed outside of the Phoenix Bookstore from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday (Oct. 9) to provide additional information and answer questions.
German Programs Information Session
Posted by Jenna Laabs on September 19th, 2012
Interested in going to Germany? You don’t have to be a German major or minor to go! While there are courses taught in German, many courses are also taught in English! Come check out our German Programs Information Session this Thursday, Sept. 20th at 3:00pm in the 1965 Room – Hope to see you there!
Study Abroad Info Session for Business Majors!
Posted by Jenna Laabs on September 17th, 2012
Attention Business Majors! Study Abroad is a GREAT opportunity to set yourself apart from the rest of the applicants when you begin job-hunting! Come check out the opportunities that you have as a Business Major, from short-term, to semester and year-long programs in France, Germany, Denmark, Mexico, Spain, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Canada, Puerto Rico, The Virgin Islands, Guam and even other Universities in the U.S.! Come to the OIE this Tuesday, Sept. 18th at 3:30pm, or Wednesday, Sept 19th at 2:30pm to learn more!