The Fall Study Abroad Fair will be held Wednesday, February 11th from 10:00 – 2:00, in Phoenix Ball Room C
Students will have the opportunity to attend the Spring Study Abroad Fair and learn about the 200+ domestic and international study programs available. Study abroad advisors and program representatives will be on site to answer questions and assist students in learning about these amazing opportunities! Whether you wish to study abroad for a few weeks, a semester, or a full year we have a program that will fit your needs – come check it out!
Summer Travel Courses (Over Summer Break):
- Alicante, Spain
- Germany (& Poland/Czech Republic)
Summer Exchange Programs
- International Summer University- Germany (5 locations in Germany)
- Glasgow, Scotland
- Stirling, Scotland
- Germany (3-5 locations)
- New Zealand
- Scotland (3 locations)
- Student teaching (Cuernavaca, Mexico or through Educators Abroad to 60+ countries)
- National Student Exchange (locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands)
Want to learn more about certain programs? Not sure if there is a program right for you? Come find out more at one of our spring information sessions:
National Student Exchange: February 3rd, 4th, and 9th (9:30, 11:00, 2:00, & 3:30) in the Office of International Education (CL 207)
Summer Programs: Thurs. February 5th @ 4:00 in the Office of International Education (CL 207)
Get the Scoop:
FREE Ice Cream! Who doesn’t want it?!? Come to GET THE SCOOP on Study Abroad learn about Study Abroad Programs on campus AND get a free sundae. When? TOMORROW (Sept. 4th) from 10:30-1:30 (or until supplies last) in the University Union by the Bookstore. See you there!
Check out our website (Destinations, then search for Winter courses) to see what is being offered this coming winter! More information regarding costs, dates, and specific itineraries will come over the summer. The courses offered (with focus) are:
Costa Rica (Env. Sci./Biology)
Cuernavaca, Mexico (Education, Business, Nursing & Social Work)
Ecuador (First Nations Studies)
St. Kitts & Nevis, Caribbean Islands (Nursing)
All deadlines for applications are October 1st
The Office of International Education is open ALL summer, so call, email, or stop in with questions!
We wish to recognize not one, but TWO of our international students who were selected to receive the Chancellor’s Leadership Medallion based on their outstanding contributions to the community and campus. Congratulations to Jo from Great Britain and Zona from China!! They have enriched our campus in so many ways, and we are very proud of their accomplishments!
For those of you kicking yourselves that you missed the application deadline, the study abroad gods are smiling down on you today! The application deadline for our summer travel course to beautiful Alicante, Spain has been extended to NEXT Friday, March 15th!! This 6 credit program is the perfect venue to improve your Spanish language skills while experiencing Spain for 5 weeks!
See the full program brochure here: UWGB in Alicante
Another one of our study abroad students is keeping a blog of her experiences, this time in Auckland, New Zealand! She has invited us to share her blog, so we encourage you to check out her stories and photos during her semester abroad!
Stephanie’s New Zealand Blog
For those students applying for short-term study abroad trips this summer, we encourage you to check out the Global Studies scholarship! This is a great way to fund your study abroad venture!
The recipient shall be chosen by the Global Studies Scholarship Selection Committee using the following selection criteria (based on the time of application):
- Student must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UW-Green Bay;
- Student must be participating in a short-term study abroad trip (2-3 weeks in duration) outside of the United States that is led by a UW-Green Bay faculty member (preference given to those participating in a trip led by a Global Studies faculty member);
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Student must complete a two-page essay detailing financial need, describing the short-term study abroad opportunity, and highlighting the benefits of the proposed trip to the student. A resume (or CV) must also be submitted to the selection committee.
- The scholarship shall be given semi-annually as funding permits, with $300 available during the Winterim and $300 in the Summer session.
Please submit all required materials electronically to Katia Levintova, Global Studies Chair (email@example.com).
The application deadline for this scholarship is April 1st, 2013.
As a heads up, our website will be down tomorrow, February 16th at 5:00AM for approximately 30 minutes. During this time you will not be able to access your applications.
Now is the time to complete your study abroad applications for this Summer and Fall!!
Important deadlines to remember:
THIS FRIDAY (Feb. 15th)
Hessen Summer ISU programs
Hessen/German Exchange (Fall 2013/Academic Year)
National Student Exchange (Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Academic Year)
MONDAY, Feb. 18th
URS Internship to Tena, Ecuador
FRIDAY, Mar. 1st
All other Summer, Fall 2013/Academic Year Programs!