We have another study abroad student who has offered to share her blog with you! Sara is a Spanish major at UWGB and is studying in Bilbao, Spain for a semester. Her photos are gorgeous and we are very jealous – take a look for yourself!
Archive for the ‘What’s New’ Category
This is a great article about two UWGB graduates who were part of the first Phuture Phoenix class. These girls also happen to be former study abroad students! Pursue your dreams and make it happen!
The following program deadlines are extended:
Slovakia – THURSDAY, March 6th, 4:30pm
Ireland, Tena, and Alicante – FRIDAY, March 7th, 4:30pm
Complete your applications today!
There are a lot of opportunities to help fund your study abroad experience, like the Anne C. Kok Scholarship!
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student with at least two semesters of coursework completed at UW-Green Bay and pursuing an academic-sponsored international learning experience (e.g., study abroad, student exchange, international certificate program, etc.)
OR Enrolled or seeking enrollment at UW-Green Bay as an exchange student from the University of Jordan to earn credit for classes in the social work major
- Applicants must complete the scholarship application that documents their interest in social change and/or social justice field
- Minimum cumulative earned undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Pursuing a major in social work or in a related social justice field
- Consideration shall be given to social work/social justice applicants (when qualified) with limited or no travel experience, either within their home country and/or abroad (as detailed in the written application)
The Deadline for this 2014-2015 scholarship is March 28th. For more information and the application, please click here.
To see our FULL LIST of scholarships and grants for study abroad students, please go here.
Think you missed out on the opportunity to study in Germany or the National Student Exchange?? The deadline for the HESSEN EXCHANGE and SUMMER UNIVERSITY(ISU) as well as the NATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE has been extended! The new deadline is FRIDAY, FEB. 21st at 4:30pm!
Yet another one of our study abroad students is keeping a blog of her experiences, this time in Bordeaux, France! She has invited us to share her blog, so we encourage you to check out her stories and photos during her semester abroad – she has done a great job of explaining what school is really like in France, and posted some beautiful pics!
We wish to recognize not one, but TWO of our international students who were selected to receive the Chancellor’s Leadership Medallion based on their outstanding contributions to the community and campus. Congratulations to Jo from Great Britain and Zona from China!! They have enriched our campus in so many ways, and we are very proud of their accomplishments!
Another one of our study abroad students is keeping a blog of her experiences, this time in Auckland, New Zealand! She has invited us to share her blog, so we encourage you to check out her stories and photos during her semester abroad!
As a heads up, our website will be down tomorrow, February 16th at 5:00AM for approximately 30 minutes. During this time you will not be able to access your applications.
Jumpin’ Kangaroos!! The deadline for the Australia Travel Course has been extended to February 1st! Students will have the opportunity to visit ancient cloud forests, vast outback deserts, tropical rainforests, and the Great Barrier Reef on this travel course that focuses on ecology and biodiversity. You can complete your application on our website! UWGB Australia Application