As a heads up, our website will be down tomorrow, July 23rd, from 2:00AM to approximately 10:00AM. During this time you will not be able to access your applications or possibly the program websites.
Website Downtime for Maintenance
Posted by Jenna Laabs on July 22nd, 2016
Applications OPEN for Winter and Spring 2017 programs!
Posted by Jenna Laabs on July 22nd, 2016
Start thinking about starting your application for a spring semester, winter, or spring break travel course 2016 study abroad program! Begin your application right from our website – simply click on the individual program link and click “Apply Now”!
Denmark: SEPTEMBER 1st
International Student Teaching: SEPTEMBER 15th
Spring Semester programs: OCTOBER 1st
Winter Interim travel courses: OCTOBER 1st
Hessen International Winter University: OCTOBER 1st
Spring Break travel courses: OCTOBER 30th
(But earlier is always better!)
Connect with the OIE
Posted by lundj on July 22nd, 2016
Questions over the summer? The OIE is open! We are open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm. Stop in, call, or make an appointment to meet with one of our advisors. You can call us at 920-465-2190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you this summer!
Spring 2017 applications will be open soon!
Posted by lundj on July 8th, 2016
We are in the process of updating our full website (content, budgets, attachments, etc.) and will have applications ready and open for spring 2017 study abroad programs very soon!
Please keep an eye on our websites and social media for updates and our announcement when applications are open. If you have questions in the meantime, please let us know!
We are open all summer, so stop in, email or give us a call.
Winter 2017 Travel Courses applications are open!
Posted by Jenna Laabs on May 4th, 2016
Check out our website (Destinations, then search for Winter courses) to see what is being offered this coming winter! More information regarding costs, dates, and specific itineraries will come over the summer. The courses offered (with focus) are:
Cuernavaca, Mexico (Education & Social Work)
Ecuador (PEA, URS, & Geography) South Africa (Human Development) South Africa (Democracy & Justice Studies)
Italy- spring break (Music & Humanistic Studies)
Don’t forget about our two winter university programs in Germany (Hessen IWU)!!
All deadlines for applications are October 1st
The Office of International Education is open ALL summer, so call, email, or stop in with questions!
Posted by Jenna Laabs on February 11th, 2016
Now is the time to complete your study abroad applications for this Summer and Fall!!
Important deadlines to remember:
TUESDAY, Mar. 1st
All open Summer & Fall 2016/Academic Year Programs!
Study Abroad Student Spotlight: Sara
Posted by Jenna Laabs on July 7th, 2014
We have another study abroad student who has offered to share her blog with you! Sara is a Spanish major at UWGB and is studying in Bilbao, Spain for a semester. Her photos are gorgeous and we are very jealous – take a look for yourself!
Alicante Deadline Extended!
Posted by Jenna Laabs on March 6th, 2013
For those of you kicking yourselves that you missed the application deadline, the study abroad gods are smiling down on you today! The application deadline for our summer travel course to beautiful Alicante, Spain has been extended to NEXT Friday, March 15th!! This 6 credit program is the perfect venue to improve your Spanish language skills while experiencing Spain for 5 weeks!
See the full program brochure here: UWGB in Alicante
Spring Scholarship for Short-Term Study Abroad trips!
Posted by Jenna Laabs on February 21st, 2013
For those students applying for short-term study abroad trips this summer, we encourage you to check out the Global Studies scholarship! This is a great way to fund your study abroad venture!
The recipient shall be chosen by the Global Studies Scholarship Selection Committee using the following selection criteria (based on the time of application):
- Student must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UW-Green Bay;
- Student must be participating in a short-term study abroad trip (2-3 weeks in duration) outside of the United States that is led by a UW-Green Bay faculty member (preference given to those participating in a trip led by a Global Studies faculty member);
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Student must complete a two-page essay detailing financial need, describing the short-term study abroad opportunity, and highlighting the benefits of the proposed trip to the student. A resume (or CV) must also be submitted to the selection committee.
- The scholarship shall be given semi-annually as funding permits, with $300 available during the Winterim and $300 in the Summer session.
Please submit all required materials electronically to Katia Levintova, Global Studies Chair (email@example.com).
The application deadline for this scholarship is April 1st, 2013.
International Education Celebration
Posted by Jenna Laabs on November 8th, 2012
A lot of cool things have been happening around campus as part of our International Celebration, and there are still more events coming up!
- Nov. 8th: “Behind My Veil”, 7pm, Mauthe Center — an event that promotes understanding of Islam
- Nov. 9th: Mosque Open Day, 11am, Islamic Center of Green Bay — an opportunity to understand what actually happens in a Muslim place of worship
- Nov. 13th: International – Dinner for a Cause, 5:30pm, Mauthe Center — a truly (FREE) international dinner; all donations and proceeds go towards building a well in Africa
- Nov. 29th: Muslim Images in the American Media, 7pm, Mauthe Center — a panel discussion about portrayals of Muslims in the media
- Study Abroad First Steps Meetings: Every Tuesday at 2pm and Wednesday at noon, OIE (CL 207) — learn all the basics of study abroad including destinations, financial aid, scholarships and more!