Archive for the ‘Things To Do’ Category
There are a lot of opportunities to help fund your study abroad experience and there are TWO new opportunities!
Please visit the website: http://www.uwgb.edu/international/studyabroad/financialaid.asp to learn more about the options offered by both the OIE and other campus departments. Some scholarships or grants include:
OIE Foundation Scholarship
Global Citizen Scholarship
Anne C. Kok Scholarship
Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant
Look to see which ones you are eligible for and apply now! Deadlines are coming up quickly!
Interested in Study Abroad? Not sure where to start or have specific questions? Stop by a First Steps to Study Abroad Information Session!
They are held:
Every Tuesday @ 2:00
Every Wednesday @ 12:00
In the Office of International Education (CL 207) during the semester. Stop by!
The Fall Study Abroad Fair will be held Wednesday, February 11th from 10:00 – 2:00, in Phoenix Ball Room C
Students will have the opportunity to attend the Spring Study Abroad Fair and learn about the 200+ domestic and international study programs available. Study abroad advisors and program representatives will be on site to answer questions and assist students in learning about these amazing opportunities! Whether you wish to study abroad for a few weeks, a semester, or a full year we have a program that will fit your needs – come check it out!
Summer Travel Courses (Over Summer Break):
- Alicante, Spain
- Germany (& Poland/Czech Republic)
Summer Exchange Programs
- International Summer University- Germany (5 locations in Germany)
- Glasgow, Scotland
- Stirling, Scotland
- Germany (3-5 locations)
- New Zealand
- Scotland (3 locations)
- Student teaching (Cuernavaca, Mexico or through Educators Abroad to 60+ countries)
- National Student Exchange (locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands)
Want to learn more about certain programs? Not sure if there is a program right for you? Come find out more at one of our spring information sessions:
National Student Exchange: February 3rd, 4th, and 9th (9:30, 11:00, 2:00, & 3:30) in the Office of International Education (CL 207)
Summer Programs: Thurs. February 5th @ 4:00 in the Office of International Education (CL 207)
Get the Scoop:
FREE Ice Cream! Who doesn’t want it?!? Come to GET THE SCOOP on Study Abroad learn about Study Abroad Programs on campus AND get a free sundae. When? TOMORROW (Sept. 4th) from 10:30-1:30 (or until supplies last) in the University Union by the Bookstore. See you there!
Check out our website (Destinations, then search for Winter courses) to see what is being offered this coming winter! More information regarding costs, dates, and specific itineraries will come over the summer. The courses offered (with focus) are:
Costa Rica (Env. Sci./Biology)
Cuernavaca, Mexico (Education, Business, Nursing & Social Work)
Ecuador (First Nations Studies)
St. Kitts & Nevis, Caribbean Islands (Nursing)
All deadlines for applications are October 1st
The Office of International Education is open ALL summer, so call, email, or stop in with questions!
For those of you kicking yourselves that you missed the application deadline, the study abroad gods are smiling down on you today! The application deadline for our summer travel course to beautiful Alicante, Spain has been extended to NEXT Friday, March 15th!! This 6 credit program is the perfect venue to improve your Spanish language skills while experiencing Spain for 5 weeks!
See the full program brochure here: UWGB in Alicante
For those students applying for short-term study abroad trips this summer, we encourage you to check out the Global Studies scholarship! This is a great way to fund your study abroad venture!
The recipient shall be chosen by the Global Studies Scholarship Selection Committee using the following selection criteria (based on the time of application):
- Student must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UW-Green Bay;
- Student must be participating in a short-term study abroad trip (2-3 weeks in duration) outside of the United States that is led by a UW-Green Bay faculty member (preference given to those participating in a trip led by a Global Studies faculty member);
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Student must complete a two-page essay detailing financial need, describing the short-term study abroad opportunity, and highlighting the benefits of the proposed trip to the student. A resume (or CV) must also be submitted to the selection committee.
- The scholarship shall be given semi-annually as funding permits, with $300 available during the Winterim and $300 in the Summer session.
Please submit all required materials electronically to Katia Levintova, Global Studies Chair (email@example.com).
The application deadline for this scholarship is April 1st, 2013.
Now is the time to complete your study abroad applications for this Summer and Fall!!
Important deadlines to remember:
THIS FRIDAY (Feb. 15th)
Hessen Summer ISU programs
Hessen/German Exchange (Fall 2013/Academic Year)
National Student Exchange (Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Academic Year)
MONDAY, Feb. 18th
URS Internship to Tena, Ecuador
FRIDAY, Mar. 1st
All other Summer, Fall 2013/Academic Year Programs!