We have another study abroad student who has offered to share her blog with you! Sara is a Spanish major at UWGB and is studying in Bilbao, Spain for a semester. Her photos are gorgeous and we are very jealous – take a look for yourself!
Now is the time to start thinking about studying abroad over Winter break or for the Spring semester! Begin your application right from our website – simply click on the individual program link and click “Apply Now”!
This is a great article about two UWGB graduates who were part of the first Phuture Phoenix class. These girls also happen to be former study abroad students! Pursue your dreams and make it happen!
We’re having a Study Abroad Panel!
Attend this event to ask questions and find out more about studying abroad. The panel will include an international student along with students from semester exchanges. This event is open to EVERYONE so bring your questions and feel more confident about going abroad!!
April 3rd, 5-7pm – MAC 229
The following program deadlines are extended:
Slovakia – THURSDAY, March 6th, 4:30pm
Ireland, Tena, and Alicante – FRIDAY, March 7th, 4:30pm
Complete your applications today!
There are a lot of opportunities to help fund your study abroad experience, like the Anne C. Kok Scholarship!
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student with at least two semesters of coursework completed at UW-Green Bay and pursuing an academic-sponsored international learning experience (e.g., study abroad, student exchange, international certificate program, etc.)
OR Enrolled or seeking enrollment at UW-Green Bay as an exchange student from the University of Jordan to earn credit for classes in the social work major
- Applicants must complete the scholarship application that documents their interest in social change and/or social justice field
- Minimum cumulative earned undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Pursuing a major in social work or in a related social justice field
- Consideration shall be given to social work/social justice applicants (when qualified) with limited or no travel experience, either within their home country and/or abroad (as detailed in the written application)
The Deadline for this 2014-2015 scholarship is March 28th. For more information and the application, please click here.
To see our FULL LIST of scholarships and grants for study abroad students, please go here.
Think you missed out on the opportunity to study in Germany or the National Student Exchange?? The deadline for the HESSEN EXCHANGE and SUMMER UNIVERSITY(ISU) as well as the NATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE has been extended! The new deadline is FRIDAY, FEB. 21st at 4:30pm!
The Spring Study Abroad Fair will be held Thursday, February 13th from 10:00 – 2:00, in Phoenix Ball Room C
Students will have the opportunity to learn about the 200+ domestic and international study programs available. Study abroad advisors and program representatives will be on site to answer questions and assist students in learning about these amazing opportunities! Whether you wish to study abroad for a few weeks, a semester, or a full year we have a program that will fit your needs – come check it out!
Summer Travel Courses:
- Alicante, Spain (Spanish focus)
- Florence, Italy (Art focus)
- Tena, Ecuador (Urban and Regional Studies focus)
- Ireland (Theatre focus)
- Slovakia (Nursing/Gender & Women’s Studies)
Summer Study Programs:
- San Sebastian, Spain (Business & Spanish)
- Hessen Summer University (Germany – 5 locations)
- New Zealand
- National Student Exchange (locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands)
Want to Study Abroad but don’t know what the next step is? Come to our First Steps Meetings! We hold them every Tuesday at 2:00pm and Wednesday at noon in the OIE (CL 207)
We have study abroad information sessions to fit your needs!! Check these out in the upcoming weeks:
Business Programs – Monday, Feb. 3rd @ 3:00pm
Summer Travel Courses – Tuesday, Feb. 4th @ 12:00pm
Communication Programs – Wednesday, Feb. 5th @ 2:00pm
German Programs – Thursday, Feb. 6th
Spanish Programs – Monday, Feb. 10th @ 4:00pm
Humanities Programs – Tuesday, Feb. 11th @ 2:00pm
Science Programs – Monday, Feb. 17th @ 3:30pm
Poli Sci & Global Studies – Tuesday, Feb. 18th @ 3:00pm
*All sessions will be located in the Office of International Education (CL 207) unless otherwise noted*