A big welcome to all of our new international students! In addition to the 11 summer ESL students from Brazil and China, we will have about 40 other students from China, Denmark, Germany, Mexico, France, Netherlands, Rwanda, and many other countries!
Keep an eye out for information about events and the big International Dinner in the spring!
We have another study abroad student who has offered to share her blog with you! Sara is a Spanish major at UWGB and is studying in Bilbao, Spain for a semester. Her photos are gorgeous and we are very jealous – take a look for yourself!
Now is the time to start thinking about studying abroad over Winter break or for the Spring semester! Begin your application right from our website – simply click on the individual program link and click “Apply Now”!
International Student Teaching: SEPTEMBER 15th
All other programs: OCTOBER 1st
(But earlier is always better!)
The following program deadlines are extended:
Slovakia – THURSDAY, March 6th, 4:30pm
Ireland, Tena, and Alicante – FRIDAY, March 7th, 4:30pm
Complete your applications today!
There are a lot of opportunities to help fund your study abroad experience, like the Anne C. Kok Scholarship!
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student with at least two semesters of coursework completed at UW-Green Bay and pursuing an academic-sponsored international learning experience (e.g., study abroad, student exchange, international certificate program, etc.)
OR Enrolled or seeking enrollment at UW-Green Bay as an exchange student from the University of Jordan to earn credit for classes in the social work major
- Applicants must complete the scholarship application that documents their interest in social change and/or social justice field
- Minimum cumulative earned undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Pursuing a major in social work or in a related social justice field
- Consideration shall be given to social work/social justice applicants (when qualified) with limited or no travel experience, either within their home country and/or abroad (as detailed in the written application)
The Deadline for this 2014-2015 scholarship is March 28th. For more information and the application, please click here.
To see our FULL LIST of scholarships and grants for study abroad students, please go here.
Think you missed out on the opportunity to study in Germany or the National Student Exchange?? The deadline for the HESSEN EXCHANGE and SUMMER UNIVERSITY(ISU) as well as the NATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE has been extended! The new deadline is FRIDAY, FEB. 21st at 4:30pm!
The Fall Study Abroad Fair will be held Thursday, September 18th from 10:00 – 2:00, in Phoenix Room C
Students will have the opportunity to learn about the 200+ domestic and international study programs available. Study abroad advisors and program representatives will be on site to answer questions and assist students in learning about these amazing opportunities! Whether you wish to study abroad for a few weeks, a semester, or a full year we have a program that will fit your needs – come check it out!
Winter Travel Courses:
- Argentina (Spanish)
- Brazil (Nursing)
- Cuba (Education)
- Cuernavaca, Mexico (Business, Education, Nursing, & Social Work)
- Ecuador (URS & Geography)
- Italy (Hum Stud)
- London (History & Hum Stud)
- South Africa- Cape Town (DJS)
- South Africa- Port Elizabeth (Hum Dev)
Winter Study Programs:
- Hessen Winter University (Germany – Kassel)
- Germany (Kassel & Hessen Exchange)
- New Zealand
- Spain (Bilbao & Leon)
- Scotland (Aberdeen, Glasgow, & Stirling)
- Student Teaching (Cuernavaca/International)
- National Student Exchange (locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands)
Want to Study Abroad but don’t know what the next step is? Come to our First Steps Meetings! We hold them every Tuesday at 2:00pm and Wednesday at noon in the OIE (CL 207)
We have study abroad information sessions to fit your needs!! Check these out in the upcoming weeks:
Business Programs - Wednesday, Sept. 17th @ 3:00pm
Winter Travel Courses – Tuesday, Sept. 23rd @ 4:00pm AND Wednesday, Sept. 24th @ 12:00
German Programs – Thursday, Sept. 25th @ 2:00pm
Spanish Programs – Thursday, Sept. 25th @ 4:30pm
Poli Sci & Global Studies Programs - TBD
*All sessions will be located in the Office of International Education (CL 207) unless otherwise noted*