Posted on behalf of Dr. Jen Lanter, email@example.com:
YWCA Green Bay-De Pere is seeking a TechGYRLS® and Child Care Intern to work with school age girls in an after school setting and preschool children at the YWCA facility, encouraging their interest in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
TechGYRLS® is an all-girl program, serving 3rd-8th grade youth that offers fun, hands-on projects focusing on STEM. The program meets for 60-90 minutes during after school hours depending on the site within the Green Bay, De Pere, or GRACE System School Districts. The pre-developed curriculum allows for easy learning and implementation.
The YWCA Child Care & Learning Center is a state-licensed child care facility offering a warm and secure environment that fosters mutual respect for children, parents and caregivers alike. We encourage the social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth of each child while embracing diversity and respect for beliefs and backgrounds. We would like an intern to bring fun, hands-on STEM opportunities to our preschool-age children a few hours a week.
Program Hours: Combination of after school hours ranging from a start time of 3pm-4pm and end time of 5pm-6pm (depending on site). Child care hours would range from weekday mornings between 9-11am and afternoons 2-5pm.
Start Date: January 2014-May 2014 (must commit to at least one semester)
Description: Position will include but is not limited to:
- Teaching STEM curriculum
- Developing and teaching STEM projects for Child Care classrooms
- Mentoring/coaching of life skills
- Set up/cleanup of workshops
- Staff meetings
- Trainings and workshops
- Collecting paperwork and program fees
- Recruitment of program participants
- Candidates must have a passion for children and a genuine interest in their education and development.
- Some schooling in the education, human services, or the technology field is preferred.
- Must have transportation to locations where the program is held and be available to work approximately two hours at the end of the school day and/or during above-listed child care morning or afternoon hours.
- Must commit to at least one semester.
- Must pass a criminal record background check.
- Must present self in a professional fashion, both in appearance and manner, in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Must meet all University criteria for the internship
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.