Brown County AmeriCorps VISTA
Summer Position 2013
- Minimum age 18
- Education, training or experience in education or other areas relative to youth-development
- Experience working in a team atmosphere with adults and youth
- Experience and/or willingness to learn and implement curricula for youth, grades K-8
- Interest in reaching underserved populations in Brown County
- Ability to working with urban youth serving organizations as partners and representing Brown County UW-Extension and Youth Development
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
Brown County UW-Extension 4-H Youth Development Staff
- Attend mandatory training(s): June 17 or 18 (date to be confirmed)
- Assist in developing, organizing and implementing Summer Youth Development programming for youth, grades K-8thgrade. Specific summer programming includes:
- “Wacky Weekday Kids Camps” (programming sessions for K-3rd graders)
- “iDo Robotics” camp (2-3 day day-camp with Lego © Robotics curriculum)
- “The Magic of Hogwarts” camp (2-3 day day-science and magic camp with established curriculum)
- “Living the Life of the Lorax” camp (2-3 day day-camp focused on environmental education, and assist with developing the curriculum)
- “Capturing Life” camp (1-2 day day-camp focused on photography and how to capture the best picture)
- Green Bay Library “Zombie” programming (sessions throughout the summer)
- Other outreach opportunities, which may include Neville Museum, Children’s Museum, etc.
- Attend 4-H Camp (Upham Woods) as an adult chaperone and programming assistant (first aid and CPR preferred) – dates July 14-17, 2013
- Attend Brown County Fair and represent Brown County UW-Extension and 4-H Youth Development
- Assist with other UW-Extension programming (STEM, Community Development, Nutrition Education, etc.) as requested.
Position would begin June 17 or 18, 2013 and run through mid-August 2013 (56 days).
Monthly living allowance is $928 (take home approximately $850); member will receive an $1174 educational award or a stipend of $200-$250 for their service. VISTA members may have NO other employment during service.
For more information, please contact Melinda Pollen at (920) 391-4613. To apply, please send resume and cover letter: Melinda Pollen, Brown County Youth Development Educator, 1150 Bellevue Street, Green Bay, WI 54302, or submit electronically to email@example.com.