Live Webinars Scheduled in June
ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions.
5 Basic Steps to Your Retirement: Consider this webinar your quick reference guide to starting the retirement process within the next 12 months. We’ll review: choosing a termination date, how to request a retirement estimate – and how to read and understand it. We’ll also cover how to schedule a retirement appointment and – drum roll here — how to submit the retirement application.
- Thu, Jun 2, 2016 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tue, Jun 14, 2016 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Tue, Jun 21, 2016 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed, Jun 22, 2016 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Retirement Annuity Options: This webinar will help to increase your understanding of the WRS annuity options and to explain the difference between a beneficiary and a named survivor. There will be time at the end of the webinar to ask questions regarding the annuity options.
- Fri, Jun 3, 2016 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, Jun 16, 2016 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Tue, Jun 28, 2016 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Buying Service: If you are eligible to purchase service, doing so would increase your retirement or disability benefit. Find out how by viewing this webinar. We’ll cover the types of service you may be able to buy, how and when you can buy service, and much more. Eligible types of service include service earned during prior WRS covered employment and forfeited through a separation benefit and some types of service earned with other government employers.
- Tue, Jun 7, 2016 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Mon, Jun 20, 2016 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, Jun 30, 2016 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
WRS Benefits: For New and Mid-Career Employees: This one-hour webinar is for employees who are five years – or more – from retirement. The information presented will help ensure sound, strategic decisions over the course of your career. Topics include vesting, ways to enhance a WRS retirement benefit, purchasing service, military service credit, the Core and Variable Trust Funds, contribution rates, the importance of a beneficiary form and how to complete one, and how “life event” changes affect retirement benefits.
- Wed, Jun 8, 2016 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wed, Jun 15, 2016 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Thu, Jun 23, 2016 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Variable Fund: In this webinar we will discuss the Variable Fund – what it is, how it differs from the Core Fund, and the effect participation in this fund may have on your retirement benefit calculations. We will also discuss how to elect to participate in the Variable Fund, how to cancel Variable participation, and the impact the timing of these decisions may have on your Wisconsin Retirement System benefits.
- Thu, Jun 9, 2016 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tue, Jun 21, 2016 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thu, Jun 23, 2016 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wed, Jun 29, 2016 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Register for a webinar
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.