The Assistant Women’s Softball Coach reports to the Head Women’s Softball Coach and assists the head coach in directing the overall planning and execution of a Division I softball program It is the responsibility of the assistant coach to support the head coach in leading a successful softball program. The program’s success will be attained through athletic success, academic achievement, service learning, and leadership development. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with the organization and administration of the Green Bay Women’s Softball program including practice and game coaching, recruiting, scouting, public relations and other duties as assigned by the head coach.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
* Instruct student-athletes in order to develop and acquire tactical, technical, and physical knowledge that’s required to be successful at the NCAA Division I level and beyond.
* Provide on-field skill instruction, scouting, academics, and community service.
* Recruit quality student-athletes.
* Work with coaching staff in talent assessment, recruiting, database management, letter system, writing schedule, official and unofficial campus visit, phone calls, summer league, high school and junior college games evaluations.
* Assist with the softball program administration tasks which include but not limited to budget management, fundraising, summer camp administration, team travel arrangements, scheduling of competitions, traveling with team, and staff development.
For more information and position responsibilities, please see the full position announcement.
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Monday, September 26, 2016.