Lea started as a University Services Associate ll in February 2015. She was previously employed at the Howard Suamico School District for over seven years. In her spare time, Lea volunteers at her church and participates in local running events. Lea holds an Associates Degree from NWTC, and is from DePere but currently lives in Suamico. Lea is married to Darin and has two teenage daughters, Alexis and Taylor. She loves running, waterskiing, and reading. Welcome Lea!
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING SESSIONS
Fidelity Investments is offering individual counseling sessions where you can confidentially discuss your financial situation with a Fidelity representative. These sessions will give you the opportunity to:
• Explore your plan benefits in more depth
• Consolidate retirement account into the UW 403(b) retirement plan
• Explore distribution options for pre-retirees
• Tap into Fidelity’s experience and expertise
• Make decisions that help you meet your goals
David Eichler, Fidelity Planning & Guidance Consultant will be coming to campus on:
Friday, March 13, 2015
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wequiock Room, University Union
To schedule a confidential consultation with your Fidelity Investments representative, David Eichler, call 1-800-642-7131 or go to www.fidelity.com/atwork/reservations.
What is the University Personnel System (UPS)?
• The structure used to recruit, appoint, pay, provide benefits to, and manage personnel matters for all UW employees.
What is prompting this change?
• Governor Walker signed executive order 36.115 authorizing and directing development of personnel systems separate from the current structure under the Office of State Employment Relations (OSER) in 2011. The initial order was to be implemented July 1, 2013, but in June 2013 a motion was passed to postpone implementation until July 1, 2015.
Have further questions? Need to be “brought up to speed”? Are you interested in getting involved? Now is the time!
The Office of Human Resources in collaboration with the Academic Staff and University Staff committees will be hosting an informational “catch up” session for UPS. Please click on the attached meeting request to add this forum to your calendar.
When: Thursday, March 5, 2015; 3 – 4 p.m.
Where: Christie Theatre, University Union
Please review the UW-Green Bay UPS webpage and the UW System UPS webpage for further information.
TIAA-CREF INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING SESSIONS – April 7–8, 2015
TIAA-CREF is offering individual and confidential counseling sessions where you can discuss your financial situation with a TIAA-CREF consultant. A representative will be available to help you achieve your financial goals by investing in financial solutions.
Please see the attached flyer for more information about TIAA-CREF sessions at UWGB. To schedule a consultation with representative Chad Stein, call 1-800-732-8353 Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 7:00pm (central time), or register at www.tiaa-cref.org/letstalk1 .
Register today for the 2015 UW-Green Bay Bellin Run Corporate Challenge
Bellin 10K Run/Walk • Green Bay, WI • Saturday, June 13, 2015
Get out and enjoy some fun with co-workers, family and friends by participating in friendly competition and promoting a healthier lifestyle. Employees, students, family and friends are encouraged to sign up to participate as part of the UW-Green Bay Corporate team!
Register as part of the corporate team and enjoy these benefits:
• VIP Race Packet Delivery- all registrants’ race packets will be delivered to UW-Green Bay for pick-up the week before the event
• A Corporate Challenge custom gift from Bellin and a UW-Green Bay Corporate Challenge T-Shirt if registered by May 1
When registering, please use Team Name: UW-Green Bay Team Password: 840
Interested in designing this year’s UW-Green Bay Corporate Challenge t-shirt or training with fellow employees?? Contact the Wellness Committee for more information.
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
Visit the Wellness Committee website for information on other wellness topics, newsletters, and up
|Future 15 Recipients & Event Information|
View the February Newsletter!
The UW-Green Bay Wellness Committee Presents:
What: Wellness Lunch and Learn
Heart Healthy Living
When: Thursday, February 19, 2015
12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Alumni Rooms A/B, University Union
February is Heart Health month. In interest of heart health, this months’ Lunch and Learn is focused on what it means to have a healthy heart and how we can keep it that way. Alex Stenner, student intern with the Kress Events Center, will present on building action steps into everyday habits for the promotion of healthy heart function- not running away from heart disease. Attendees can expect to examine lifestyles, habit, behavior, and immediate options that promote heart health.
Check out the attached newsletter for more on heart health, or visit the American Heart Association website for more news about the heart.
|Discover Tipoff with Green Bay Phoenix|
Several additional UW System Operational Policies are now available for your review.
This round of Operational Policies includes:
- Affirmative Action Data (EEO 1)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO 2)
- Employment of Veterans (EEO 3)
- Consensual Relationships (GEN 8)
- Temporary Employee Interchange (GEN 18)
- Payment of Licenses (GEN 25)
- Concealed Carry (GEN 26)
- Development, Revision and Approval of Operational Policies (GEN 27)
- Teaching Assistants Selection and Training (HR 6)
- Use of Information Technology Resources (WE 4)
- Employee Relationships with Education Loan Lenders (WE 5)
Please review these Operational Policies and complete the survey to submit your feedback no later than February 13, 2015. You may also review the campus University Personnel System (UPS) Development website for more information and the latest news in the development of the new personnel system. Human Resources will continue to provide additional information to the campus community as we move towards the implementation date of July 1, 2015.
To view the Operational Policies that have been posted for feedback prior to this survey, please visit UW Systems University Personnel Systems development website.