Looking for a new healthy recipe for dessert? Consider baked apple slices today for a healthier dessert option!
- 2 oranges
- 2 T honey
- ¼ t ground cinnamon
- ¼ t ground cloves
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- 5 T raisins
- ¼ C chopped walnuts, divided
- ¼ C low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grate the zest of one of the oranges and set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from both oranges into a small bowl. Stir the honey, cinnamon, cloves, and half the zest into the juice.
- Lay half the apple slices in a glass baking dish. Scatter the raisins and 2 tablespoons of the walnuts on top.
- Pour on half the juice mixture. Then top with the remaining apples and juice mixture.
- Combine the rest of the walnuts and orange zest and scatter over the top.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until the apples are soft and juices are bubbly.
- Serve warm or cold topped with a dollop of yogurt.
Serves 4. Amount per serving: Calories 220, total fat 5 g, saturated fat 0.5 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 10 mg, carbohydrates 44 g, fiber 4 g, protein 3 g
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC