The Italians have it right when it comes to grown-up grilled sandwiches. You don’t need a Panini maker—you can use a frying pan and a heavy plate to press the sandwich.
- 1 4-inch-square Panini roll
- 1 slice (1 oz.) low-sodium Swiss cheese
- 2 oz. cooked pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into thin slices
- 1/8 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Olive oil spray
Slice roll and remove some of the interior bread to make for a crisper sandwich.
Put half the cheese on bottom of roll. Layer meat, zucchini, tomato, and onion. Cover with rest of cheese and top of roll.
Heat a sandwich grill. Spray grill plates lightly with olive oil. Bake sandwich until cheese melts and meat is hot, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Makes 1 sandwich
Each sandwich contains about 479 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat, no trans fat, 66 mg cholesterol), 539 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 4 g sugars, and 31 g protein.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC.