- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat olive oil in saucepan. Add onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and soy sauce and cook about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add vegetable broth. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Put the cooked mixture in a blender, add parsley and blend on high for 10 to 15 seconds or until you get the desired consistency.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour over pasta or serve with grilled meat, chicken, or fish.
Each 1/2-cup serving contains about 52 calories, 1.5 g protein, 4 g fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, and 161 mg sodium.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC