- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, jicama, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- Stir until well combined.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips at room temperature or chilled.
Yield: 3 cups
Note-this salsa is also great with grilled fish or chicken. It is best eaten the day it is made.
Nutrition Facts for ¼ cup: 21 calories ∙ 5 g carb ∙ 0 g protein ∙ 0 g fat
Recipe provided by Bethany Soderlund, UWGB Dietetic Intern