The Department of Theatre and Dance at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay invites applications for a one-year lecturer position to teach for the 2017-2017 academic year beginning August 21, 2017.
Candidates with professional experience in Technical Direction, CADD, Lighting and Sound Design and Technology are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teaching two courses per semester selected from Computer Applications for Theatre (CADD/Q-Lab/etc.), Stage Lighting, Stage Management, Sound Design, and Advanced Stage Lighting (Note: Stagecraft is taught by our Assistant Technical Director).
- Complete all drafting/engineering and technical budgeting for construction of four mainstage productions.
- Design and facilitate Lighting and Sound for four mainstage productions.
- Must coordinate/mentor student Stage Managers on mainstage productions.
- Must mentor Lighting or Sound Designers on some mainstage productions.
- Hold weekly office hours.
The successful candidate will be expected to have potential for excellence in teaching and commitment to undergraduate education. Additionally, they should possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
For more information and position responsibilities, please see the full position announcement.
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Wednesday, May 3, 2017.