ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions.
Annuity Options: This webinar will help to increase your understanding of the WRS annuity options available to you at retirement. We will also explain the difference between a beneficiary and a named survivor.
- Wed, Mar 15, 2017 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mon, Mar 20, 2017 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 30, 2017 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Newly Retired? What to Expect: The Newly Retired Webinar provides basic information for Wisconsin Retirement System members who have recently entered or are soon to enter retirement status. Topics include initial (“estimated”) retirement annuity payments, “finalized” payments and adjustments, post-retirement life and health insurance, and return to work rules under the WRS.
- Mon, Mar 13, 2017 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 16, 2017 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
WRS Retirement Benefit Calculation Methods: This webinar will explain the methods used for benefit calculations and the components of each method. Anyone who has requested or is planning to request an estimate will have a better understanding of how that amount was calculated.
- Tue, Mar 14, 2017 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 23, 2017 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tue, Mar 28, 2017 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
WRS Benefits: For New and Mid-Career Employees: This one-hour webinar is for employees who are five years – or more – from retirement. The information presented will help you make sound, strategic decisions over the course of your career. Topics include vesting, ways to enhance a WRS retirement benefit, purchasing service, military service credit, the Core and Variable Trust Funds, contribution rates, the importance of a beneficiary form and how to complete one, and how “life event” changes affect retirement benefits.
- Tue, Mar 14, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wed, Mar 22, 2017 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Wed, Mar 22, 2017 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
WRS Annuity Adjustments and Effective Rates: Do WRS accounts receive an investment return? Do investment returns affect how much a retiree will initially receive when they begin their pension? Do those retired in the WRS receive adjustments to their monthly pension amount over the years? This webinar will cover the process of how account effective rates and annuity adjustments are calculated, starting with the investment return reported by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Also covered during the webinar will be explanations of both the Core and Variable Trust Funds and the calculations specific to each fund for effective rates and annual adjustments. At the end of this webinar, it is hoped that you will have a better grasp on how State of Wisconsin Investment Board investment returns affect your WRS pension.
- Tue, Mar 14, 2017 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 16, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed, Mar 29, 2017 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or email@example.com with any quesitons.