Tracy started as an Administrative Assistant in the Office of University Advancement on November 26, 2012. Prior to starting at UW Green Bay she was employed at Bellin Health for four and a half years. She studied at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. Tracy is married, has two children, and enjoys spending time with her family. She is from Green Bay.
Attention: All Employees Covered under the Wisconsin Retirement System
Your Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) annual Statement of Benefits is now available online in the My UW System portal: http://my.wisconsin.edu. Login to the portal, go to the “Benefit Information” box, and click on the “Statements” tab. Click on “ETF Annual Statement of Benefits (WRS) Issued 2012” to view and print your Statement.
The WRS annual Statement of Benefits provides you with information about your Wisconsin Retirement System account as of January 1, 2012. Some of the information on the Statement includes 2011 WRS earnings and creditable service; total years of WRS creditable service, and separation and death benefit calculations. You should review this Statement closely for accuracy.
Change to Statement – Section 2 – After Act 10 Service
The name of your retirement category is in both Sections 1 and 2 of the Statement. If you are in a General, Teacher or Protective retirement category, all of your creditable service will be listed in the “Before 2000” and/or “After 1999” columns in Section 2 of the Statement. Only employees in an Elected or Executive retirement category will have creditable service in the “After Act 10” column. 2011 Wisconsin Act 10 changed the way retirement benefits are calculated for Elected/Executive category employees so service earned after Act 10 must be tracked separately for this group of employees.
Information to Help You Understand Your WRS Statement of Benefits:
- Written Explanation of the Statement
- Video Explanation of the Statement
- Webinars presented by the Department of Employee Trust Funds – Five live, interactive webinars. See ETF’s website for dates and times (not yet available).
- UW Service WRS annual Statement of Benefits webpage
Please note that you will not receive a paper copy of the Statement.
If you feel that any information on your Statement is incorrect, please contact your payroll office at 920.465.2390.
To those of you who have already given, congratulations….we are nearly to our 2012 goal! If you haven’t had the chance to participate there is no better time than now. We are only $4,000 away from our goal. With just a $1 a pay period contribution you can help ensure we meet that goal by Friday. Remember the campaign ends on November 30th so this is the last week left to give. Donate Today, Don’t Delay!
Your contributions make a real difference in the lives of people across the state and around the world.
The SECC Statewide is a workplace giving campaign that offers you the opportunity to donate to one or more of the more than 400 charities that participate via payroll contribution, check or cash. Giving through your work place is as easy as ever! Click here to see the instructions are below.
Not sure how much to give? See below for what several dollars a month can do:
- $1 a month feeds a family of four for two days (Hunger Relief Fund of Wisconsin –administered by Hunger Task Force, Inc.)
- $5 a month supports printing and giving information to more than 500 children on how to avoid and respond to bullying behaviors (Community Shares)
- $10 per month buys all the supplies for one school team and teacher to participate in the Wisconsin Envirothon (Wisconsin Environmental Education Fund).
- $25 a month will buy a tent heating stove, 3 blankets and a lantern for a family in Afghanistan (Neighbor to Nation)
Again, it’s quick and simple! I encourage you to log in and consider making a contribution because every dollar really does make a difference.
The campaign runs through November 30th. If you have questions or would prefer paper materials, please call 608.256.1066.
To make your pledge online:
- Go to www.seccstatewide.wi.gov
- Click on the link for University employees
- All University employees are pre-populated. To login click on “LOG IN”
- Log in using the following information:
- Username: Your first and last name as it is displayed on your earning statement (use all caps with no spaces between words). Example: JOHNDOE
- Password: Last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Find out more information about the charities and decide who you would like to give to.
- Follow the instructions on the website to complete your pledge.
- For additional information or if you have any questions, please ask your coordinator or call 608.256.1066.
**Please review the information below regarding important year-end information for classified employees and supervisors**
Vacation Carry Over
Normally, vacation time must be used within the calendar year during which it is earned. Per the 2011-2013 Compensation Plan, employees may carry over any unused earned vacation into the following calendar year. Any vacation carried over from the previous calendar year must be used by December 31 of the following calendar year.
The Human Resources System (HRS) will automatically take any vacation absences entered first from carry over balances before taking from 2013 allocations.
Compensatory time is able to be carried into the following calendar year if approved by the immediate supervisor. If carried over, unused compensatory time must be used by December 31 of the following year or it will be paid out on the final payroll of the calendar year.
Personal and Legal Holidays
Personal and Legal holiday hours may not be carried into 2013 and if not used by December 31, 2012 will be forfeited.
Annual Leave Conversion Option (Sabbatical)
Forms for all employees eligible for the Annual Leave Conversion Option are now available on the My UW System Portal, under the Time and Absence section, Statements tab. All completed forms must be submitted to HR no later than Monday, December 3, 2012.
Please contact Human Resources at x 2390 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.