ave you ever thought about working in Residence Life? We are still accepting Resident Assistant applications for the 2015-2016 school year. Read more to find out what being an RA entails!
Why Become a Resident Assistant?
As an RA, you work as an on campus leader with the ability to fine tune your leadership skills as well as help develop the leadership skills of others. The role of a RA takes the positions of a resource, a community facilitator, a referral agent, a peer adviser, and a programmer and combines them in one job supervised by a full time professional staff member. In the Resident Assistant position, RA’s get to improve on their time management and organization skills as well as their confrontation and mediation skills through everyday situations. As a RA, you are part of a select group of trusted, knowledgeable students recognized on campus.
There are a few qualifications that must be met to become an RA. The qualifications are as follows:
- 40 GPA, semester & cumulative
- Sophomore status by August 2015
- Full-time student
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- At least two semesters living in campus housing (one at UW-Green Bay)
- Willingness to help others for a better community
- Must be able to attend RA training tentatively scheduled to start August 20, 2015
- More info will be available upon hiring
The Application Process
RA applications are available on the housing website . All applications and references are due by 4:30 p.m on Friday, April 3rd via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be emailed to collect availability for an interview.
Each applicant will partake in a rotation of interviews covering three topics: community development, diversity & inclusivity and communication & teamwork. Each interview last approximately 50 minutes. Remember, this is a real job interview so dress professionally, remember your manners and take a deep breath and relax!
Helpful Interview Tips
- Be yourself: you are always “on” in this position
- Prepare, but don’t have canned answers
- Think ahead to what you would do in the job
- Share examples of things in your past as well as things you are excited to do in the RA position
Visit our website, email questions to email@example.com or call 920-465-2040. You can also talk to your RA or Area Coordinator if you have any questions!