As a freshman, the first, sometimes stressful, task of being a college student is selecting a roommate. Luckily for the class of 2020, your roommate search just got easier! UW-Green Bay has launched the RoomSync app that operates through Facebook which revolutionizes the freshman roommate selection process.
RoomSync, which opened on April 4th, allows new freshmen who are contracted with UWGB Housing to connect through their Facebook account to find a roommate. The app will close on June17th
The RoomSync Process is as follows:
- Freshmen who have contracted to live on campus received a link to use the app via email, which contains a Community Network name and a Room Sync ID number.
- Link: https://apps.facebook.com/roomsync/
- Community Network: UW Green Bay
- Room Sync ID will be unique to each user
- After clicking the link, the user will be prompted to “Come on in” by clicking the large, orange button.
- Facebook will then verify the user as it signs into the app through the user’s Facebook account. User should click “Okay” to verify.
- After agreeing to the terms of service, the user then enters the Community Network name, “UW Green Bay”, then selects a sub-network, “First Year Freshmen” followed by the provided RoomSync ID number, which is unique for each user. Lastly, select a room type.
- The next page will ask you for your personal information such as name, sex, email, Twitter handle and Instagram username
- The next screen allows you to select your lifestyle preferences such as the time you go to sleep, the amount of noise you generate with video games/T.V./computer, or how often you anticipate having guests over as well as other related questions.
- The user then fills out a form, “My Ideal Roommate” where the user fills in information on what their ideal roommate would be like.
- The user then selects their smoking preferences.
- The next screen asks the user to describe themselves with information about their major, interesting facts, etc. The user can also describe, in detail, their ideal roommate.
- The app then interacts with your Facebook “likes”, having you authorize that other users can search you based off of your “likes”.
- After completion, the user receives a welcome email from RoomSync. At the bottom of the email there is a “Find Roommates” button. Once the button is clicked, you are taken to RoomSync where you can begin to find roommates.
If you have any questions about using the app, please contact RoomSync at email@example.com. If you have any other questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life, (920) 465-2040, firstname.lastname@example.org