Internships at Integrys: On-campus interview opportunities!
Consider attending the Job and Internship Fair on September 26th. Among others, our largest area employer, Integrys (that includes Wisconsin Public Service) is interview for internships. They will also interview on campus on the 28th.
Currently Integrys is looking for five Programmer Analyst interns, two Business Systems Analyst interns and one Project Manager intern to work with our teams on a part time basis that fits around their school schedule and full time for the summer. These are paid positions and with a Fortune 500 company that has an excellent reputation for outstanding internships.
Corey Nease graduated from UWGB and moved from an intern into a full time position with Integrys. He encouraged students at the Fall job fair and here are some things he said in a past email to UWGB students and professors…
Some of the things they’re looking for at Integrys:
- · Software Design I and II completed.
- · Database class is a plus, but by no means required (I didn’t have it when I was hired).
- · At least a year until graduation.
- o As long as the student is a sophomore, they don’t care how long they have left until graduation.
- · 20ish hours during the school year and 40 hours during breaks.
Some of the benefits of working as an Intern:
- · They pay the interns very well.
- · They let you work on projects that are meaningful to the company.
- · They will take time to teach you any skill you’re lacking.
- · They work with your school schedule
- · Very good chance of getting a job after graduation. (We hire Interns with the intention of hiring if possible.)
The Job Fair is Wednesday (9/26/2012) and we will be doing interviews on Friday the 28th on the UWGB campus! Stop by and meet Chris or Robin to discuss the positions. Looking forward to meeting you.