Internships at Integrys – Available at the Job Fair on February 27th
Plan to attend the upcoming UWGB Job Fair next Wednesday, February 27th, 2013. Integrys (holding company of Wisconsin Public Service) is looking to fill these internship positions:
• 1 Programmer Analyst intern
• 2 Business Systems Analyst interns
• 1 Compliance intern
• 1 Design Analyst intern
These positions would start this summer on a full time basis, and are year round positions that transition to part time during the school year to fit around the student’s class schedule. These are paid positions and with a great company that has an excellent reputation for outstanding internships.
Andrew Hybert and Brandon Dutton (current Computer Science majors) are in intern roles, and both have already been offered full time positions upon graduation. The experience has been second to none, as they describe it. Integrys currently employs 9 IT interns out of their Green Bay office, and 5 of them are UWGB students.
Corey Nease graduated from UWGB and moved from an intern into a full time position with Integrys. He encouraged students at the Fall job fair and here are some things he said in a past email to UWGB students and professors…
Some of the things they’re looking for at Integrys:
• Software Design 1 and 2 completed.
• Database class is a plus, but by no means required (I didn’t have it when I was hired).
• At least a year until graduation.
o As long as the student is a sophomore, they don’t care how long they have left until graduation.
• 20ish hours during the school year and 40 hours during breaks.
Some of the benefits of working as an Intern:
• They pay the interns very well.
• They let you work on projects that are meaningful to the company.
• They will take time to teach you any skill you’re lacking.
• They work with your school schedule
• Very good chance of getting a job after graduation. (We hire Interns with the intention of hiring if possible.)
The Job Fair is Wednesday (2/27/2013). In addition, Integrys will be doing interviews on Friday the 1st on the UWGB campus.