A Big Week, A Big Thank You

The UW-Green Bay Office of the Chancellor sent the following e-mail message from Chancellor Gary Miller to the campus community on Thursday, October 12, 2017.

University Community—

To say that we’re at the tail end of a big week is an understatement. It started with a visit from the Higher Learning Commission, a reflective process on where we are as an institution of higher education, and is ending with an announcement from the UW System that could significantly and positively impact the trajectory of UW-Green Bay.

It’s important that we end such a big week on a note of gratitude and celebration. I can’t thank all of you enough for the countless hours you put forward to prepare for and conduct the 10-year site visit. It’s extremely gratifying to see and hear so many of you represent your campus, your colleagues and your teaching with such great pride and passion.

I also want to specifically recognize a campus leader who has been living and breathing accreditation for the last year and a half.  A great visit can only happen with great leadership. For that, I hope you will join me in thanking and congratulating Clif Ganyard for his exceptional work in guiding us through this process. Your University and community are grateful for your expertise and leadership.

We are gathering tomorrow afternoon, Friday, October 13 from 4-5 p.m. in the Phoenix Club for a complimentary ice cream social to celebrate your work. I hope you can join us.

Congratulations again on a job well done and bringing this multi-year process to a close.

Go Phoenix!

Gary L. Miller
Chancellor