Greetings and welcome

by Office of the Chancellor | February 12, 2010

“Conversations” is a publication we’ll share periodically with faculty, staff and community supporters of UW-Green Bay.

The name “Conversations” conveys my intent, as I don’t want this to be a one-way communication from the chancellor’s office. I do want this to be a vehicle to solicit opinions and encourage your involvement.

I have been very pleased, so far, with the level of engagement locally with UW-Green Bay and what this institution has been able to accomplish. Cathy and I have enjoyed the opportunity to meet with many of you over the past few months at faculty/staff gatherings, the inauguration reception, Founders and alumni events, the Capital Campaign celebration, student sporting and performing arts events, and more. You have provided us a very warm welcome to this community.

Fall semester had many positive headlines — record enrollment, new student housing, Top 25 rankings, and Wisconsin teacher-of-the-year honors for Prof. Regan Gurung, to name just a few — and we’re expecting big things this spring, as well.

Thank you for your continuing support of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.