2 thoughts on “Class Reflections”

1. Statistics Reflections:
    To be honest, this Statistics class was the hardest course that I have taken in my third year of the Adult Degree on-line program. But, I truly think that Statistics taught me the true essence of “critical thinking.” The numerous problems, applications, formulas, probabilities and testing really gave me a deep understanding of the concepts that exist and how to apply them. Statistics allowed me the opportunity to increase my knowledge of the various ways of analyzing data and how to effectively incorporate some of the ideas into my present position. It also introduced me to SPSS, which is a great tool for interpreting data. I had a basic understanding of Excel, but this class explored the numerous ways that you can use it to compute information in a simple manner. Although, this course was a challenge for me, my greatest accomplishment was ending this course with a much better grade then I ever thought possible. I now have a much greater appreciation for the world of statistics and how important ethical behavior is. I have gained a wealth of knowledge in this course and will be able to apply many of the concepts in my future career. Thank You Professor Bansal!

2. This class was important to me. I needed to take it to meet requirements, and I also figured that a business statistics class would genuinely help me in my future career choices. I am majoring in business administration with an emphasis in marketing, and a minor in computer science. These rely on statistics, and interpreting and analyzing data daily. So when I learned to use programs such as Excel and SPSS, I also learned how I can solve future career related problems.