ATS provides the following services to faculty, staff, and students:
- Desire2Learn (D2L) course management system support. Online grades, quizzes, content areas, dropbox, ePortfolio, and more. The D2L login page, which includes support documentation, computer requirements. Course Request Form
- Classroom Equipment. We provide support and maintenance services for the instructional technology in classrooms, including projectors, televisions, VHS/DVD combo players, slide projectors, projection screens, control systems, and other instructional equipment that is permanently assigned to classrooms.
- Clickers. We support faculty, staff, and students in all aspects of using clickers. FYI- our distribution/fee process requires that instructors commit to using clickers before students register for courses, usually at the latter part of the prior semester.
- Telephone installation, repairs, and programming services call extension 5505.
- Media Equipment setup, wiring, installations training and support.
- Exam Scanning services for university instructors.
- Online surveys (Qualtrics). Used for polling, research, and online course evaluations.
- Multimedia assistance and support for presentations video viewing.
- Wikis. Collaborative web pages. Good for student group projects.
- Second Life/virtual worlds. 3D environments for social interaction, role plays, simulations, and 3D modeling.
- Audio/video production, recording, editing, duplication, digitization, file conversion, and web hosting/streaming. We also have pedagogical and technical suggestions regarding the use of rich media, podcasting, etc.
- Lecture capture in the classroom, at home or the office, or our lecture capture studio.
- Scanning and image editing. Slide and document scanning, OCR (optical character recognition), Adobe Creative Suite.
- Engineering Services are provided for on-campus special needs.
- Instructional Material Development Advise.
- More. . . This list is just a sampling, and it is always growing. We are always willing to discuss possibilities, explore new technologies, and solve problems.
**Please note that a service request is required for many of these services**
Costs and charges
In general, there is no charge for instructional technology services . However, there are circumstances when we must limit our role and other times when we must charge back for some of our services. For more information see our charge back policy.
DTL support for students
The LTC assists students with technical problems using D2L, for example, not able to log in. Students with technical problems should contact the LTC at 465.2286 (M-F, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, or voice mail 24/7) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-technical, course-related questions, for example, a student wants an extension on an assignment, should always be addressed to the instructor, as they would in any face-to-face course.
The LTC is set up to support faculty and staff. Students looking for technical help in any area other than D2L should check with the student consultants in the General Access Computer Lab (also located in the Instructional Services building). These student consultants are trained to assist students needing technical help with standard computer applications.
See also the Frequently Asked Questions section.