Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012
Time: 3 – 4:30 p.m.
Location: 1965 Room, University Union, UW-Green Bay
An Academic Staff Assembly is scheduled for 3 to 4:30 p.m. this Thursday (April 26) in the Union’s 1965. All Academic Staff members are invited to attend.
The agenda includes:
- Committee on Workload and Compensation – new joint governance committee, Professor Andrew Kersten
- University Personnel System, Sheryl Van Gruensven
- Remarks from Provost Julia Wallace
- Committee Reports
- Professional Development Allocation Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Professional Development Programming Committee
- Leadership & Involvement Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Announcement of elected committee rosters
- New Business
- Resolution from Committee on Workload and Compensation
- New Joint Committee Charge: Legislative Committee
- New Joint Committee Charge: Library & Instructional Technology Committee
- New Joint Committee Charge: Awards & Recognition Committee
- Chair Report
- Other discussion
Download the agenda (pdf)
Mark your calendars! Just for the HEALTH of It – a free health and wellness fair for university employees – will be held on Thursday, May 24 at the Kress Events Center.
Motivational speaker Dr. Jack Curtis will stimulate our minds into healthy thinking, and A’viands Dietician Jill Roup will stimulate our appetites with healthy eating options. Lunch will be provided. The fair will also feature local vendors, door prizes, breakout sessions on yoga, the chance to try out Kress’s climbing wall, and a behind the scenes facility tour.
A link to register for this event will be sent out in late April. Just for the HEALTH of It is sponsored by the Academic Staff Professional Development Programming Committee.
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012
Time: 9:30 – 11 a.m. (Veteran Panel: 10:30-11 a.m.)
Location: Christie Theatre, University Union, UW-Green Bay
Presenter: LTC (Ret.) Cynthia Rasmussen, RN MSN CANP
UW-Green Bay faculty and staff members, veterans, service members, family dependents and members of the Green Bay community are invited to attend a presentation by LTC (Ret.) Cynthia Rasmussen, RN MSN CANP
LTC (Ret.) Cynthia Rasmussen
LTC (Ret.) Rasmussen will speak about service member/veteran and family reintegration issues; warrior skills versus home/school skills; and will review Combat Operational Stress Reaction, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI) among other behavioral health issues.
LTC (Ret.) Rasmussen served as a Mental Health Nurse in the Army Reserves for 23 years and has spoken nationally about veteran issues. She is an Adult Nurse Practitioner working for the Veterans Administration and received her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Nursing from Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Special thanks to…
Vets 4 Vets Student Club
Classified Staff Advisory Council
Academic Staff Programming Committee
Office of the Dean of Students
Counseling & Health Center
Professional Program in Nursing