It was so much fun; we’re doing it again! Join UW-Green Bay alumni, along with eight UW System campuses, for fun and relaxation at the Kalahari Resort and Waterpark Friday through Sunday, Jan. 6 through 8. This is a great deal and one event you don’t want to miss.
Friday night will include an all UW pizza party. Be sure to wear your UWGB gear and show your Phoenix pride. Prizes will be given to those who show the most school spirit.
Saturday, swim the day away in the water park or just have good ole fun at the amusement park.
This is a “bring your family and friends” event. To make reservations, please call 877-253-5466 and ask for the UW-Green Bay Alumni Association room block with a rate of $159 per night. Reservations must be made by Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016. Reserve today.
Room rate includes:
- Guest room, up to 4 people (suites available at discounted rates)
- Friday Evening Pizza Social – 6:30 – 8:00 in the Indoor Theme Park (additional $14.99 per person gets you all-weekend access to the Indoor Theme Park)
- All-weekend access to the Indoor waterpark – 125,000 square feet of wet & wild indoor fun!
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. access to the UWGB indoor cabana with flat screen TV, chaise lounges, snacks, and activities & contests for kids.
- Ask for block “UW-Green Bay Alumni Association”
- Two Room Suite is $269.00 per night
We hope you can join us for this fantastic weekend of fun!
With the campaign season underway, we know you are receiving a lot of postcards in the mail. We promise it is worth your time to keep an eye out for the alumni postcard explaining our Forever Phoenix Sweepstakes. There will be opportunities to win incredible prizes including a Go Pro package, Green Bay Packers tickets, a holiday shopping trip to Chicago and more! The mailing will go out at the end of October so be sure to watch for it.
Join your Alumni Association Board of Directors for a social and then learn about all of the work being done to engage alumni and students with UW-Green Bay. UWGB is a great place and there are so many innovative things happening. You won’t want to miss the opportunity to hear the latest. We hope to see you there.
Visit Alumni Association Annual Meeting to register before Friday, October 14.
The Alumni Association of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay has joined as a participant in the AmazonSmile program, which donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases via Amazon to the charitable organization of your choice — in this case, of course, the Alumni Association of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. Those who would like to support the University in this fashion should begin their personal Amazon shopping at https://smile.amazon.com/. After signing in with their Amazon account information, they would search for, and select Alumni Association of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay under “Pick your own charitable organization.” The site will remember this designation, and future purchases from Amazon that start through smile.amazon.com will automatically benefit the the Alumni Association. The program is strictly anonymous, with the Alumni Association receiving no ID or purchase information — just periodic proceeds.
Do you ever wonder how you can get reconnected with your alma mater? Well we’ve helped you figure it out with this handy list. Check it out!
- Attend Alumni Events
- Be Social – Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Give Back to Scholarships – You remember what it was like trying to pay for the great education you have. Now’s your chance to help students following in your footsteps. There’s plenty of need.
- Join an Alumni Association Committee or Taskforce – Do you think our super fun events create themselves? No! We need your help! Sign up to help on any one of our committees or taskforces including: Scholarships, Fund Development, Student/Alumni Engagement, and Awards.
- Mentor New Graduates – New grads look up to alumni who’ve been out in the work world for a while and have a lot to learn from you. We’ve created a guided mentoring program to provide you and your mentee a meaningful experience.
- Provide Internship Opportunities to Students – Students are always looking for ways to get their foot in the door. You could help them take that first step by working with your employer and the UWGB Career Services department to create internships.
- Recruit Students – As an alum, you are UW-Green Bay’s strongest recruiter. Share your UWGB experience and love for your alma mater with potential students. Consider going back to your high school and speaking in a favorite class about how UW-Green Bay led you to your career.
- Sit on the Alumni Association Board of Directors – Do you want to be a part of the driving force behind your Alumni Association? This is where it’s done! Join your highly professional, highly respected, diverse Alumni Association Board to make things happen.
- Volunteer for Community Events as a UWGB Representative – Giving back is fun and it’s the right thing to do. Next time you participate in a food drive, wear your UWGB hat. UWGB alumni also volunteer for events together. Ask us where to sign up.
- Wear your UWGB Gear – There’s no better way to show your UWGB pride than to wear your UWGB gear…here there and everywhere! Check out The Phoenix Bookstore for the latest styles.
To learn more, contact your Alumni Director Kari Moody at email@example.com or 920-465-2226.
Former UW-Green Bay basketball player Megan Lukan is overwhelmed by the amount of support she received following her participation and bronze medal win at the 2016 Summer Olympics. The Barrie Examiner highlighted her journey and the support she received along the way. Read the article and her reaction to her Olympic journey.