Get in on the creative end of the Phoenix PRIDE Shirt tradition. You don’t have to be a graphics or art major. Have an idea? We want to hear about it. Each year, we create a collectible, limited edition T-shirt that reflects UWGB spirit. Proceeds SUPPORT student scholarships. The design is selected by electronic vote in October and the winning designer receives a $100 gift card to a location of his or her choice, two tickets to Rock the Resch, and of course…being known as the awesome 5th Edition Phoenix PRIDE Shirt Designer!
There are very few design restrictions:
-One color, front- or back-only design
-Include a reference to UWGB/UW-Green Bay
-Design should be relatable to UWGB alumni
-Submit artwork in a pdf file format by September 22 to firstname.lastname@example.org
An official logo is not required in the design, but can be requested by contacting Sue Bodilly, email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions:
- Contest is open to UWGB alumni, students and employees
- By submitting a design, the designer is allowing UW-Green Bay full use of the graphic for the purpose of the 5th Edition Phoenix PRIDE Shirt campaign. The t-shirt may be promoted in any way UW-Green Bay chooses (i.e. UWGB websites, mailings, social media, etc.).
- All T-shirt designs will be published on the alumni website and alumni social media sites for voting purposes.
- Voting will be open from October 1 – October 15.
- Voting will take place online via a link that will be announced in late September and at alumni events taking place during the voting period.
- The design receiving the most votes will be printed on shirts in the color of the designer’s choosing and will be sold in The Phoenix Bookstore. Phoenix PRIDE t-shirts will go on sale November 1.
The UW-Green Bay Alumni Association wants to know what you think.
The UW-Green Bay Alumni Association is looking to learn about your UWGB experience, understand your perception of alumni relations and gauge your interest in being involved with your alma mater. Please take this short survey by Friday, September 29, 2017 for a chance to win a $100 gift card to the location of your choice!
Thank you for helping us to better serve you!
The Lifelong learning Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay opened its fall semester with 1049 members-a new record! The fall semester offered over 190 courses on a variety of topics ranging from art to Zumba with multiple other topics such as: history, travel, nature, yoga, biking, games, painting, heath, taxes, poetry, computers, current events, religion, science and music. Classes usually meet once a week and most courses involve one to four sessions. Members can sign up for multiple courses. Some take two or three; others take as many as thirty all for a single member ship fee. LLI is open to adults who enjoy learning for learning’s sake. Annual memberships run from September 1st to August 31st or from January 1st to December 31st. Why should people join LLI? To stay mentally active, to learn something new, to get some exercise, to create something, to meet new friends and to be part of a dynamic member-led organization.
For more information visit our website, uwgb.edu/lli or contact the LLI Office at UW-Green Bay, 920-465-2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Krash the Kress is a super cool event especially for UWGB alumni, students and friends. For the first time ever, a Green Bay menâ€™s conference basketball game will be played on campus on Carolâ€™s Court at the Kress Events Center, so we’ve put together an awesome tailgate party to get everyone ready to cheer on the Phoenix! Krash the Kress registration includes your game ticket, great tailgate food, two beverage tickets good for Bud products or soda, an epically awesome, long sleeve Krash the Kress t-shirt and fun swag to cheer on the team. The band Feel Good Kids will perform and the UW-Green Bay Pep Band, Green Bay cheerleaders and Phlash will be there too. Finally, there will be lots of drawings for fantastic prizes.
Date: Friday, February 16
Time: Tailgate Party from 6 p.m. â€“ 7:45 p.m., Green Bay Menâ€™s Basketball game vs. UIC at 8 p.m. Location: Tailgate Party in the East and West Gyms, Game on Carol’s Court – Kress Events Center Cost: $20 adult ticket and tailgate, $10 youth ticket and tailgate, $10 adult tailgate only, $5 youth tailgate only
Questions, contact Director of Alumni Relations Kari Moody at 920-465-2226 or email@example.com.
Join fellow alumni at a regional networking event! This is a great way to get to know other alumni living in your area. Cost to attend is $10 per person and includes heavy hors d’oeuvres. The first 50 people to register for each event receive a complimentary beverage ticket.
- Northern Door County
- Wednesday, September 20: Chop, Sister Bay, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Program: University and alumni update
- Register at https://uwgbsb17.eventbrite.com
- Tuesday, September 26: The Great Dane, Fitchburg, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Alumni update and presentation by Professor Gaurav Basal on Big Data
- Register at https://uwgbalumnigatheringmad17.eventbrite.com
- Tuesday, October 17: Sprecher Brewing Company, Glendale, 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Alumni Association Social and Annual Meeting
- Register at https://uwgbam17.eventbrite.com
Green Bay basketball season tickets are now on sale for the 2017-18 campaign starting at only $128 per ticket. Fans can purchase season ticket packages online at GreenBayPhoenix.com, by phone at 920-465-2625 or in person at the Green Bay Ticket Office during normal business hours (M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Your help is needed! Please consider volunteering for one of the following opportunities:
- Wisconsin Education Fair: Seeking volunteers to recruit for UWGB at Wisconsin Education Fairs September 25-29 in the Madison-Milwaukee areas. For more information click here. If interested in volunteering, please email Director of Alumni Relations Kari Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 22.
- Bellin Women’s Half Marathon Water Station: Looking for alumni to volunteer at our water station Saturday, October 7. This is a volunteer opportunity you do not want to miss! It is so much fun! Volunteers typically start at 7:45 a.m. and are done by 11 a.m. To sign up to volunteer, click here and select #6 under the Water Stations section.