The Tones of Florence Travel Course is offered through UW-Green Bay March 12-20, 2011. The course is a faculty-led, seven-day field experience to Florence, Italy. Field activities will be led by professors Sarah Meredith Livingston and John Salerno. E-mail the Alumni Office, firstname.lastname@example.org for details and an itinerary.
Thinking about pursuing a master’s degree? Your options at your alma mater include social work, management (spend a semester in France), education and environmental science and policy. We’re a click away www.uwgb.edu/graduate or contact us at (920) 465-2123 or email@example.com and we’ll help you get started.
Nov. 18, 19, 20, 2010 – 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 20, 2010 – 2 p.m.
University Theatre, Theatre Hall, UW-Green Bay
Directed by Laura Riddle with musical direction by Courtney Sherman. Join Rona Lisa Perretti, the Putnam County spelling champion, as she guides the six finalists (and several audience volunteers!) through the rigors of the Bee. The endearing competitors come from differing home and parenting styles and each brings unique flair to the art of spelling. It’s a touching and hilarious reminder of the joy and agony of middle school. See a video about the play.
Tickets for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee are $22 in advance, $25 at the door for adults; $15 in advance, $18 at the door for seniors; and $15 for UW-Green Bay students. Order online at www.uwgb.edu/tickets/ or by calling (920) 465-2217 or (800) 328-8587.
In the thick of their semester performances, the UW-Green Bay music program invites you to a performance.
Dates, admission and times are as listed:
• Tues., Nov. 23 – UW-Green Bay Vocal Jazz Ensemble, University Theatre 7:30 p.m. Adults $7/ Seniors and Students $5
• Wed., Dec. 1 – UW-Green Bay Wind Symphony and Symphonic Band, Cofrin Family Hall, Weidner Center 7:30 p.m. , Adults $7/ Seniors and Students $5
• Sat., Dec. 4 – UW-Green Bay Chorale, Handel’s Messiah, Cofrin Family Hall, Weidner Center 7:30 p.m ., Adults $15/ Seniors and Students $12
• Mon., Dec. 6 – UW-Green Bay Woodwind and Brass Ensembles, Fort Howard Hall, Weidner Center 7:30 p.m., Free admission
• Wed., Dec. 8 – UW-Green Bay Concert Choir and Chamber Singers, Fort Howard Hall, Weidner Center 7:30 p.m. , Adults $7/ Seniors and Students $5
• Fri., Dec. 10 – UW-Green Bay Percussion and Hand Drumming Ensembles, University Theatre 7:30 p.m. , Adults $7/ Seniors and Students $5
One show is already sold out. But tickets are still available for Mannheim Steamroller’s 7:30 p.m. show on December 5.
Who else is touring at the Weidner? Bryan Adams, Green Bay Symphony Orchestra’s Holiday Pops, UW-Green Bay’s version of Handel’s Messiah and more.
Go to www.uwgb.edu/weidner/ for more.
The Phoenix men’s soccer team won the Horizon League and receives an NCAA bid for the second straight year… Phoenix men’s basketball coach Brian Wardle “steals” a couple of recruits… the Phoenix women’s basketball team is picked to win the Horizon League, again.
Read the stories, watch the video, purchase the tickets (including plenty of reasonably priced packages) at www.greenbayphoenix.com.
There is a special offer going on for UW-Green Bay alumni.
For $50, you can enjoy the game from frontier club seating, snacks, soda and cash bar.
If you are interested in tickets, call Becky at the Bradley Center: (414) 227-0449.