Join us as we recognize three “distinguished” and two “outstanding” alums at the annual Alumni Awards event from 5-8 p.m., Saturday, April 17, in the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts.
Distinguished Alumni Awards will be going to:
- Patricia Finder-Stone ’73, a retiree from the nursing profession and still active in community and statewide organizations;
- Betty Amuzu, M.D. ’83, an Associate Professor/Obstetrics and Gynecology, UW Medical School, Milwaukee and donor to UW-Green Bay; and
- Tim Nixon ’87, an attorney and shareholder in the Godfrey & Kahn law office in Green Bay. He is also a team leader of G&K business finance and restructuring practice group.
Outstanding Recent Alumni Awards will be going to:
- Jason Hellwig ’96, an attorney with Winston & Strawn Law Office in New York; and
- Sam Huber ’03, a teacher in the Milwaukee are school district, accomplished distance runner and dedicated environmentalist.
Register today for the Environmental Management and Business Institute seminar, “Green Innovations 2010.” It will be held Friday, April 23 at The Meadows Conference Center in Green Bay.
This is your opportunity to be where innovation, business and technology meet. For more event information and to register, click here.
If you are traveling from out of town, the Alumni Association has blocked some rooms at the Country Inn & Suites. To book your room, call (920) 288-0101. The rooms are reserved under UWGB EMBI Conference.
Vickie Dansbury took a time-out from her college aspirations to raise a family, but she never lost her desire to be the first in her family to receive a college degree. She returned to school, graduating in 2006 from UW-Green Bay’s Adult Degree program. Recently, she began to serve as the student representative on the Board of Directors for the Wisconsin Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
Read her inspirational story.
Come on, you’re curious, right? Want to know what’s going on at “Your U?” You can find features, video, photo galleries and more at www.uwgb.edu/.
Here’s a few for starters:
Out of gift ideas? Gift cards will be accepted at all University Ticketing Service locations, and for food and beverage, Phoenix Bookstore purchases, golf course and athletics/recreation purchases, and more.
Click here for details.
An energized and uplifting musical revue by Jason Robert Brown, the composer-lyricist of the hit musicals Parade and The Last Five Years. More on this event.
Upcoming Events in Art, Music, Theatre:
- March 10, 2010: Music: Jazz Ensembles, 7:30 p.m. University Theatre, UW-Green Bay
- March 4 – April 1, 2010: Art: Hidden Treasures: Artworks from Green Bay Collection, Lawton Gallery, UW-Green Bay, (in collaboration with the Neville Public Museum, Green Bay)
To order tickets for events:
Call 465-2217; 1-800-328-tkts; or online at www.uwgb.edu/tickets/
Click here to read the story and see the video.