ANGER MANAGEMENT RESOURCES
Finding resources on anger that can be trusted is not always an easy task. There is a lot of bad information out there and many of the self-help books encourage practices that aren’t supported by the research. Below are some high-quality websites and books from trusted sources. If you have suggested resources, please let me know. You can contact me at email@example.com.
If you are looking for professional help from a psychologist, you can use the Psychologist Locator (through the American Psychological Association) and see here for information on How a Psychologist Can Help you Manage Anger.
- American Psychological Association: Anger
- Anger and Traffic Psychology Lab
- Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence
- Center for the Study of Violence
- Mayo Clinic: Anger Management
Books For Adults
- Anger Management for Everyone: Raymond Chip Tafrate and Howard Kassinove (2009)
- International Handbook of Anger: Michael Potegal, Gerhard Stemmler, and Charles Spielberger (2010)
- The Forgiving Life: A Pathway to Overcoming Resentment and Creating a Legacy of Love: Robert D. Enright (2012)
- Understanding Anger Disorders: Raymond DiGiuseppe and Raymond Chip Tafrate (2007)
Books For Kids
- Chillax!: How Ernie Learns to Chill Out, Relax, and Take Charge of His Anger: Marcella Marino Craver (2011)
- What to Do When Your Temper Flares: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming Problems With Anger: Dawn Huebner (2007)