UWGB – What I do for fun!

Something I like to do more than anything is play basketball over at the Kress Events Center on the UWGB campus. It’s a close place where I can get a bunch of my friends together for a pick up game. And the best part is it’s completely free for students, even during winter and summer break. All you need to do is flash your student ID at the front desk and you’re in. You can check out basketballs and other equipment to use in many open gyms.

Two semesters ago I played basketball every Tuesday and Thursday for two hours in the morning with 5 of my close friends. It was a good way to start off my mornings and it gave me something to look forward to during the week besides classes and homework. Sometimes it was hard waking up at 8 AM in the morning, but it’s a lot easier to wake up for basketball than it is a 9 AM class. It was also very good exercise! The first few times we played, we could only play for an hour and I was pretty sore the next day. But after a while, we could play for hours with out stopping and I felt better than ever.

It’s nice to have a routine or a planned time to visit the Kress. I see many students who walk over to the Events Center a few nights a week and exercise. They find times and gaps in their schedule where they are free and devote it to the gym. It is a nice escape from having your head in the books and gives you a chance to work off some stress. So, I say use the Kress and use it often. You might as well, because it is free for you if you are a student and if you live on campus…it’s only a short walk away. And even if you don’t live on campus, there is a huge parking lot that you can leave your car while you hit the weights.

The Kress is the home for all of the indoor intramurals sports that take place in the fall and spring semesters. This is for the more competitive sports lovers, but it is another great way to take advantages of this great Events Center. And if basketball is not your sport, don’t worry; there is a huge variety and sports and activities that the Kress offers.

I will be using the Kress Events Center for the remainder of my time here at UWGB. I mostly play basketball and I try to play at least once a week. You might see me there sometime, but if you’re a huge fan…please post a comment and ask me any questions you have about the Kress Events Center. Also share with me your favorite sport and we can discuss some further opportunities that the University of Green Bay provides.