My First Gamblers Game Ever!

Everyone knows that Green Bay is known for Lambeau Field and the Packers, but what you might not know is there are other sporting events to go to that are just as much fun.

Saturday I attended my very first Green Bay Gamblers game at the Resch Center, which is right across the street from the home of the green and gold. The Gamblers are a hockey team and they are doing quite well this year. I went with a huge group of people from UWGB for a part of Phlash TV’s winter training. It didn’t matter how freezing out it was, we had a great night anyways. Here is my story!

We left at around 6:30 PM and it took forever to get a parking spot. The streets were packed with cars trying to get to the game. While in the jam, we got a phone call from our friend in another car that told us to meet us at this one restaurant because she had a free parking pass for us to use. As we heard the news we just passed the place that she was talking about and we couldn’t turn around because of the traffic. Matt in the back seat then jumped out of the car, ran back to the restaurant, and got the parking pass from the other car. Then the line started to move, it started to move faster than ever before. As we crawled along, we watched Matt running behind us trying to keep up. It was hilarious! After he got back in, we parked the car in Lambeau field and walked towards the Resch Center.

The place was packed! It was family night at the Resch Center, so there was dollar hot dogs and soda. We got to our seats just as the starting line-ups were being announced for what was going to be one heck of a game. I put down 4 or 5 hot dogs that night and was stuffed, but that wasn’t all I ate. During the game, the announcer told the crowd that everyone in the stadium would win free Buffalo Wild Wings if the Gamblers score a goal in the next minute. We counted down and on the last possible second they score and the place goes nuts! We all won free wings and we were pretty pumped. Then the announcer told us that it’s for tonight’s use only. We debated whether or not it was worth leaving the game early for only six wings, but the Gamblers were winning 7-0 in a blowout, so we left with six minutes remaining.

We bared the cold one more time for the long walk back to the cars and headed down the street to Buffalo Wild Wings. We left early, so I thought the place wasn’t going to be too busy…but was I wrong! The place was packed!!! People were lined up all the way out the door and beyond. Some people may have left because of the wait, but we waited 45 minutes for a table to get our free wings. It was worth it because the wings were great; I just wish I could have gotten more than 6 for free. We all left the place more than full, but it was a great way to cap off an already great night.

I had to get up early the next day and was so tired Sunday evening, but it was all worth it. I recommend a Gamblers game to anyone. It is just as fun as a Packer game experience, but much cheaper and tickets are more available. Also recommend highly is Buffalo Wild Wings or B-Duds as we like to call it. Most people know that, but you may come from a part of Wisconsin that isn’t as privileged as Green Bay. If so, then treat yourselves to these fun activities and post any comments with questions for me! Thanks and I have to go because school started today and I gotta hit the books ☺