Happy New Years!

2009 is finally here and for some of you, college is just around the corner. You have a few short months left of your High School career, you have summer break, and then you’re off to a new chapter in your life.

I know most of you are bummed about Winter break being over and having to go back to school, but my advice would be… just enjoy it. You may think that it will take a lifetime to get to Summer break, but before you know it you will be sitting in my place heading into your last few semesters of college. College is awesome and I don’t doubt that you are pumped to live on your own, but it will come fast enough…so just enjoy the ride.

So, for your New Years resolution, try to finish your last semester of High School out strong. Try to get all of your work done well and on time. Try and be more organized and dedicated. Try to be more involved with academics and extracurricular activities. Try to have your best year ever be your last year ever! This will give a great impression to colleges and Universities, as well as give you great practice for your future. Most of you probably have a job outside of school as well; so for you guys try to have a good balance between work, school, and your social life. One can’t be twice as big as the other two, or you are going to find that problems will start occurring. I’m probably telling you what you already know, but I think it’s important to start fresh for the New Year!

My New Years resolution is to be more organized. I tend to save important pieces of information, but I don’t save them in places where they are labeled well or in places that make sense. Like I will put an important test date into a folder for an entirely different class. And then when I need to know that date down the road, I know that I saved it, but I have no clue where I put it. I definitely need to be way more organized in 2009.

I’d like to hear your New Years Resolution! Please post a comment on here with your thoughts and questions about this blog, and share with me your own Resolution for 2009. I will be back soon with another piece of Major Talk, but until then…I would like to wish everyone a very happy and healthy New Year!

One thought on “Happy New Years!