First Week of Classes!

I think I’m finally getting back into the swing of things and it only took one short week. It was sort of hard to shake off the rustiness of winter break, but you’d be surprised how fast you can pick up your old routine. Everything is a little new though. Everyone has new classes with new people and your routine has to change a bit. For example, I almost was late to my first class on Monday. As you can see below my first class of the semester was Comm. 445 which is an upper level course called, Human Communication Theory. This particular class is in Mary Ann Cofrin Hall where most Communication classes are held and where I’ve had countless courses in the past. So, I thought I would be able to find this room because of my experiences with Mary Ann Cofrin Hall in the last five semesters here at UWGB, but I could not find room 234 for the life of me. I walked around in circles with only a few minutes left before 12:45. I was worried I would be late, but I ended up finding the room with seconds to spare. This just goes to show that no matter how old you are, it always pays to locate your classrooms well before your first class starts.

My school schedule is not too loaded as you can see below. I have four classes, two in which meet only once a week, and an internship. And after you account for work hours, meetings, and schoolwork, there’s not too much time left for leisure. The real nice part about my schedule is that I don’t have to get up before the crack of noon on any weekday! And I have Fridays off!

Now that the week is over and I can look back on my week, I can reflect upon my first impressions. My night courses seem to be pretty fun actually. They are three-hour classes, but tend to take less than that. Tuesday night I have Radio and the group project requires us to create our own radio station and “compete” against already existing stations in the area. It sounds like a lot of fun! My other night class is on Thursday, which is Communication Law. I don’t know much about Law, but I’m interested in learning more!

Overall I had a pretty fun week. It’s always nice seeing new faces and getting to know new professors. The first week is always syllabus week, so I got plenty of the rules and schedule overviews. Now comes the weekend and my 21st birthday! I was born on January 31st on the Super Bowl, so I will most likely be posting another blog about my B-day in a few days. Let me know if you have any questions about classes or about UWGB in general? Thanks and stay safe!

My Schedule!